Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Bobsk8

I am rethinking the idea of bringing Smokey to the dog park again after she was bitten last week in the park. As you stated, there are too many stupid owners and it is too dangerous if the owners won't take responsiblity for their own animals. Glad your dog wasn't injured.....
Old 09-04-2006, 09:19 PM
no touchy

If I had been there I would've bitten that jerk's head off.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Big Dog

ARG!!!... I hate irresponsiable dog owners... those are the kind of people who cause BSL grrr... people need to learn how to not be so ignorant and to realize when their dog needs some training and crap... these kind of people make me mad... stupid idiotic undeserving dog owners...

Old 09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsk8 View Post
I am rethinking the idea of bringing Smokey to the dog park again after she was bitten last week in the park. As you stated, there are too many stupid owners and it is too dangerous if the owners won't take responsiblity for their own animals. Glad your dog wasn't injured.....
You know, Bob, our boys love it so much. I hate the idea that we may have to stop because of some of the irresponsible people out there. The way I see it now.. every irresponsible person I see I am going to report. That is the only way to beat them... one at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs View Post
If I had been there I would've bitten that jerk's head off.
I left out the convo hubby had with him.. it shall not be repeated on Chaz. But, yes, the man did receive an earful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony923 View Post
ARG!!!... I hate irresponsiable dog owners... those are the kind of people who cause BSL grrr... people need to learn how to not be so ignorant and to realize when their dog needs some training and crap... these kind of people make me mad... stupid idiotic undeserving dog owners...
Amen, Ebony, Amen....
Old 09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Teri's babies

How awful!! I am the first to admit that my big guys are untrained for situations involving other animals, and they weren't well socialized as pups, although Kato kind of comes by that much naturally...That being said, I am also smart enough to know NOT to take them to a friggin' dog park, or beach, or petsmart, etc...I am so sorry that your babies were attacked, but glad your hubby set the @sshole straight...I'm afraid with my hubby it would have resulted in blows.

Side note: I'm still learning the acronyms, so bear with me please. Is BSL breed specific labeling? Sorry, lots to absord when being relatively new to such a wealth of info.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 PM

It so sucks that responsible owners can't take their dogs to the park and feel that they'll be safe. The worst part is that no matter what happens, if a pit or pit mix is anywhere near a scuffle, ignorant people are far too willing to point the finger in their direction. Poor Buddy. With all of the BSL BS lately, owners with their well trained peaceful Pitty breeds have got to watch their backs. I'm with you BP...I'd adopt a no tolerance rule towards other owners at this point. People can't be allowed to let their dogs run a muck and try to pin it on others.....ESPECIALLY OUR BUDDY!!!!!

Edited note for TAC - BSL is Breed Specific Legislation

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Madilyn's Mom

Those few irresponsible people are the reason that I won't take Madilyn to dog parks. It's difficult enough when your dog is only a bit over four pounds, but it's a thousand times scarier when some of these careless owners have dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
I wish that the parks could be monitored by some sort of security, thus weeding out the bad dog owners with their poor dogs (who sadly, aren't at fault for their behavior)..
Old 09-04-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madilyn's Mom View Post
Those few irresponsible people are the reason that I won't take Madilyn to dog parks. It's difficult enough when your dog is only a bit over four pounds, but it's a thousand times scarier when some of these careless owners have dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
I wish that the parks could be monitored by some sort of security, thus weeding out the bad dog owners with their poor dogs (who sadly, aren't at fault for their behavior)..
I personally wouldn't take any toy breed to a dog park. There are too many variable that are out of your control and can be potentially lethal for a small dog. Unless the park has a seperate area for small breeds, off leash parks are just too risky. You only have to spend a week in a busy Vet hospital to see what can and all to often does occur.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 09-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Madilyn's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little View Post
I personally wouldn't take any toy breed to a dog park. There are too many variable that are out of your control and can be potentially lethal for a small dog. Unless the park has a seperate area for small breeds, off leash parks are just too risky. You only have to spend a week in a busy Vet hospital to see what can and all to often does occur.
I was recently in a discussion on another forum (chihuahua specific), and we were discussing the very idea of a dog park specifically for small-tiny dogs (say under 25 pounds). Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I need to look into it in my area.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Teri's babies

Thank you very much for the def. dr2little. My gosh, I'm going to be a walking acronym manual before long.