Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Thumbs down BYB in Denial

Quote:
Had a buyer email me saying she took her pup to the vet and the vet says he has "Luxating Patella's" at a grade 3 out of 4. Now I KNOW this cannot be true, that pup would be showing signs of pain, etc.. And he was absolutely fine! He played normally, etc.. SHe says she wants to keep him but wants some of her money back.. The vet says he will need surgery that costs 3,000.00..Well He may be telling them that, but I do not believe, not for a minute.. Out off 11 pups only 1 has a problem? And same with previous litters.. I do not get it.

I re-read the email and saw it's BOTH knees, and that the vet told her the pup would have severe arthritis very young.. Now I know that is BS for a fact..They can get it, but not that young. But again..I am not an expert.. Let me also add, I do not trust Dentist or vets..LOL..So when I found a vet I could trust, I stayed with him (same goes for my dentist..hehe) So I guess it is 3,000.00 PER knee..
The above was from another group list I'm on.

This "breeder" has 7 breeding bitches, one stud dog and one up and coming stud dog. They breed designers. They have a crappy two year health guarantee. Claims to have health tests done but her dogs are not in any of the databases.

Shakin' my head. Interested to see if this BYB/PM gets bit in the butt on this issue.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 09-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Top Dog

Its sad but there are SOO many just like her....

Old 09-04-2006, 04:05 PM
no touchy

What an idiot. She even says she is NOT an expert, so how would she know whether the dog could have luxating patellas or not? Poor dog. At least it's owner loves it and knows the breeder is crap.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

There are hardly words. . .
Old 09-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Active Pup

Default pup

My pom's thru a pup with bad back knees. He was only 8 weeks old when diagnosed with this. He had several x-rays and was determined that surgery would not correct this. A rescue group I work with found him a home where he will be given a cart when old enough. He was not in any pain as of now but walked like a penguin. The buyers took another from the litter who has turned out perfect.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
My pom's thru a pup with bad back knees. He was only 8 weeks old when diagnosed with this. He had several x-rays and was determined that surgery would not correct this. A rescue group I work with found him a home where he will be given a cart when old enough. He was not in any pain as of now but walked like a penguin. The buyers took another from the litter who has turned out perfect.
Do you show your dogs?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Active Pup

Default pom

No I don't. My sister shows her dogs. Or should I say farms out her dogs for shows. She just breeds them and collects the money. She has several and somebody else shows and handles them. She gets $1200 a pup for show quality and $800 for pet. There's no difference in my opinion if your just looking for a companion pet. The prices are rediculious in my eyes. I can't see paying mega bucks for a pet. I don't show any of my dogs that I breed. If you want to call me a byb go ahead. I breed for temperment. Do I stand behind everything I breed, you bet, do I take them back at anytime , you bet. Are they vaccinated and loved, more than you know. I hate to see any of them go. out of all the pups I have bred I have had 1 come back. I still have him.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

Old 09-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
No I don't. My sister shows her dogs. Or should I say farms out her dogs for shows. She just breeds them and collects the money. She has several and somebody else shows and handles them. She gets $1200 a pup for show quality and $800 for pet. There's no difference in my opinion if your just looking for a companion pet. The prices are rediculious in my eyes. I can't see paying mega bucks for a pet. I don't show any of my dogs that I breed. If you want to call me a byb go ahead. I breed for temperment. Do I stand behind everything I breed, you bet, do I take them back at anytime , you bet. Are they vaccinated and loved, more than you know. I hate to see any of them go. out of all the pups I have bred I have had 1 come back. I still have him.

I honestly dont know what to say
Old 09-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I honestly dont know what to say
I do. What a disgusting family. Lack of ethics all around.

And frogger, you're on the right thread at least, because you're also a BYB in denial.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi