Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Bobsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post

Where does it say there are?
A credible reporter would obtain witness testimony, not "a dispatcher said." The dispatcher wasn't there either! There is no support for the article whatsoever.

You just want to believe what you want to believe, as ignorant as that makes you. All pit bulls are bad in your eyes.

I hope your dog is never involved in any kind of fight, because, God forbid, your animal should be deemed dangerous.
And apparently even though the attack was reported to the police ( and trust me, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that the police are not going to release the names of any witnesses to the press especially since the blind women was already fearing retaliation by the Pit Bull's owner) you chose to believe that the people that reported this event had some kind of vendetta against Pit Bulls and made up the entire story. So don't lecture me about believing what I want to believe.

You should have been in the Emergency Vet's office last weekend with me, when this family ( young mother, father and 6 year old daughter) brought their dog in that had it's leg almost severed by the neighbors pit bull, and as they were all crying in the waiting room wondering if their dog was ever going to walk again or survive for that matter, you could have started lecturing them on how nice Pit Bulls are....... They would have loved that.....
and guess what, that story didn't even make the papers.......
Old 09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Have you heard the expression...There are no bad dogs, only bad owners?
I think this phrase is the epitomy of pitts. People who do not understand, properly socialize, and treat these dogs correctly are asking for trouble...
Hence...BAD OWNERS! not BAD DOGS!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsammy View Post
I know, like I said in a above post, someone asked me if Samm was part pit! some people are just clueless..lol

This is kinda off topic, but...

Would BSL not only ban pit bulls, but GSD too? i hope not..
Last friday I went to pick up my kids at school and a gentleman walked up with a Beagle on a leash and was waiting for his kid also. I commented on how well mannered she was, and he was telling me a little about her history and what a good girl she was, when two young kids asked if they could pet her. He gave them permission and the girls started petting and talking when the older girl said "it must be a pitbull mixed with dalmation or something". I busted out laughing and looked at the owner, he was evidently irked and bewildered at her remark.

So yeah, when "people" or "witnesses" say that it was a Pit Bull, I'm skeptical.

And how about a little dog on dog aggression, Golden Retriever style?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNNiK View Post
Last friday I went to pick up my kids at school and a gentleman walked up with a Beagle on a leash and was waiting for his kid also. I commented on how well mannered she was, and he was telling me a little about her history and what a good girl she was, when two young kids asked if they could pet her. He gave them permission and the girls started petting and talking when the older girl said "it must be a pitbull mixed with dalmation or something". I busted out laughing and looked at the owner, he was evidently irked and bewildered at her remark.

So yeah, when "people" or "witnesses" say that it was a Pit Bull, I'm skeptical.

And how about a little dog on dog aggression, Golden Retriever style?
lol..I could only imagine the expression on that guys face..
Old 09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsk8 View Post
I didn't know that Labs and retrievers were bred to fight other dogs...
and pit bulls were bred to be extremely human-friendly so that they could be handled in the midst of a dog-fight in a pit. but we still get plenty of human-aggressive ones.

there are a lot of dogs who aren't what they were bred to be. there are a lot of dogs with bad temperaments. there are dogs who bite people, who attack people, who attack other dogs.

yes, a lot of them are pit bulls, but a lot of them aren't.

it's an owner problem, no matter what the breed.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Pit bulls are definitely not the only dogs that attack people (or dogs.) They were bred to fight other dogs, so of course responsible owners are careful, just as responsible greyhound owners don't let their dogs run loose and kill stray cats. Sadly, there are many irresponsible pit bull owners who get the dogs because of their reputation and "they look scary."

In my city, there was a pit bull attack recently . . . The people who owned them had trained them to be "guard dogs" and put up "beware of dog" signs. The dogs ended up attacking their own grandkids. Very stupid training a dog bred never to "back off" to attack humans.

But before that, the most recent dog attack was a cairn terrier who made the front page after he mauled a 70 year old man walking his bull mastiff. The paper actually used the word "mauled." The man almost lost an arm.

The attack before that was from a boxer who attacked a police officer three times (the dog kept attacking, running off, then running back to attack again) who ended up being shot after he wouldn't retreat even after being tasered multiple times.

It's not all pit bulls, they just stick in people's minds. In the 80s, no one was worried about pit bulls, it was all dobermans and German shepherds. I had a long argument with my mom because she couldn't believe the dog who chewed off that French woman's face (the one who needed reconstructive surgery) was a labrador retriever.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegrl View Post
"THE PITBULL DID IT"

By Moxiegrl

Anytime a dog is attacked, no matter the breed, a pitbull is responsible. The owner is not held accountable, because the dog was "bred" to fight and attack anything that moves. We should outlaw these horrible fighting dogs, and ignore any dog attack that involves a different breed. Because only pits and pit mixes are "bred" to do this!

Happy now Bobsk8?

*sorry im in a bad mood today*
Teeheehee... well said!

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Bobsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegrl View Post
Have you heard the expression...There are no bad dogs, only bad owners?
I think this phrase is the epitomy of pitts. People who do not understand, properly socialize, and treat these dogs correctly are asking for trouble...
Hence...BAD OWNERS! not BAD DOGS!
But those people ( owners) aren't the people that get their faces ripped of , or have their kids mauled. It is the poor unfortunate innocent victims that are unlucky enough to live in neighborhoods where these aggresive dogs live. Why should my safety or the safety of my friends or family depend on the ability of someone that buys a potentially lethal dog to train it properly , and if they don't, I have to bear the consequences?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Bobsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
and pit bulls were bred to be extremely human-friendly so that they could be handled in the midst of a dog-fight in a pit. but we still get plenty of human-aggressive ones.

there are a lot of dogs who aren't what they were bred to be. there are a lot of dogs with bad temperaments. there are dogs who bite people, who attack people, who attack other dogs.

yes, a lot of them are pit bulls, but a lot of them aren't.

it's an owner problem, no matter what the breed.
If you read the history of the pit bull, you will find that these dogs were selected to be non-aggresive towards people and their handlers on an ongoing basis. Any dog , during a fight , that was aggresive towards a persons was euthanized. That selection and elimination process hasn't been done for decades, so these human aggresive towards humans dogs are now part of the normal breed mix .
Old 09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Bobsk8 any dog can be harmful if not trained right....