Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2006, 01:09 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Oh geez.. here we go again... gosh, we should just ban all pit bulls because all pit bulls are bad.

I'd like to know how they know a pit bull attacked... the woman is blind... does her dog talk?

Old 09-04-2006, 01:14 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Oh geez.. here we go again... gosh, we should just ban all pit bulls because all pit bulls are bad.

I'd like to know how they know a pit bull attacked... the woman is blind... does her dog talk?
wow, now that I think about it, your right...And even if there was witnesses, I know some people that couldn't tell a poodle from a dalmatian...lol

I remember I went to a park with Samm once and some person came up to me and asked if she was part pit bull...I seriously thought they where joking, but they where dead serious! the world is filled with strange people...
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera
Old 09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Teri's babies

How truly awful! I pray that she and her guide companion will both be okay! I seriously doubt he'll be able to guide ever again, looks like if he makes it, he'll go into retirement. Just so sad...
Old 09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Bobsk8

Quote:

I guess the blind lady and the people that witnessed the attact just made it up so that they could pick on pit bulls............
Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsk8 View Post
First time I have ever heard that, but in researching it, I see that it is common. Here is another Pit Bull Story

...http://www.petplace.com/dogs/attacks...ogs/page1.aspx
There only reason that it is so common is thats the only dogs that seem to get reported... No one bothers to report the story if it is a lab or golden or any other dog...
Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsk8 View Post
I guess the blind lady and the people that witnessed the attact just made it up so that they could pick on pit bulls............
Did we read the same article? Because I didn't read anything about eye witnesses and since when can a blind woman SEE?

I feel badly for all involved, but let's get the facts straight before you start condeming all the pit bulls, ok?
Old 09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

you never know, and since so many people think pits are bad, they might have just asumed it was a pit bull, because it attacked someone...I mean how could any other dog be agressive besides a pit bull??
~Milan Kundera
Old 09-04-2006, 03:25 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Just for reference, emphasis mine of course.

Quote:
Dog attacks blind woman
By DAN X. McGRAW
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

FORT WORTH - A blind woman and her guide dog were attacked Sunday morning by a pit bull, a police dispatcher said.

After the 8 a.m. incident, the woman was taken by an off-duty paramedic to Huguley Memorial Hospital and her dog was taken to I-20 Animal Medical Center, officials said.

The woman, whom officials did not identify, was attacked by the pit bull in the 3700 block of Bridalwreath Drive, in far south Fort Worth near McCart Avenue at Sycamore School Road, a Fort Worth police dispatcher said.

An employee at the I-20 Animal Medical Center, who had spoken to a relative of the blind woman, said the woman did not want to comment for fear of retaliation from the pit bull's owner.

The mixed-breed guide dog was recovering in the intensive care unit of the veterinary center.

It was not known Sunday evening what happened to the pit bull or its owner.

Fort Worth police spokesman Lt. Dean Sullivan did not return e-mail or phone messages Sunday
Old 09-04-2006, 03:27 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsammy View Post
you never know, and since so many people think pits are bad, they might have just asumed it was a pit bull, because it attacked someone...I mean how could any other dog be agressive besides a pit bull??
That's right. Besides, how many articles say "pit-bull type" dog or make some other reference to pit bulls?

There is a man at the dog park... every single new dog he meets he says, "looks like a pit bull" or, "must have some pit bull in him." The last dog he said that about was a freakin chi mix!!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:31 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Quote:
That's right. Besides, how many articles say "pit-bull type" dog or make some other reference to pit bulls?

There is a man at the dog park... every single new dog he meets he says, "looks like a pit bull" or, "must have some pit bull in him." The last dog he said that about was a freakin chi mix!!
I know, like I said in a above post, someone asked me if Samm was part pit! some people are just clueless..lol

This is kinda off topic, but...

Would BSL not only ban pit bulls, but GSD too? i hope not..
~Milan Kundera