Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Island dweller

I believe there are big and small towns in the UK. LOL

Our AC will trap them but then they will probably be put to sleep. If they are deemed unadoptable that's it for those poor animals. I'd try and get the SPCA up here but I'm not sure how far they cover.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
I believe there are big and small towns in the UK. LOL

Our AC will trap them but then they will probably be put to sleep. If they are deemed unadoptable that's it for those poor animals. I'd try and get the SPCA up here but I'm not sure how far they cover.
none of the uk would have a problem we dont seem to have any where near the problems with pets that the us and other countrys do.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Yeah animal control here very rarely does that also.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 03-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Island dweller

That's not what I hear from my friends that live in the UK and volunteer at shelters.

This article says that one dog is put down every hour in the UK. http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/an...00/3909553.stm
Old 03-28-2005, 03:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i don't know any animal control that will go put a trap on the side of a major highway..just isn't done that way.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
Not our animal control..you have to have the animal cornered and contained before they will come out.They are already understaffed and underpaid..they couldn't begin to set traps at all places where stray dogs have been seen..agility you must live in a small town for your AC to do that..and who checks the traps? Out on the road how are u going to do that?
Pits have you ever read the story Savage Dog by J.L. Wolff? If you haven't i will send it to you.
It's the same here, Smkie. I suspect it's that way in most places.

They used to be very good here about coming if you had an animal in trouble, though. I found a blind, elderly Yorkie that had fallen down a storm drain once, and they came immediately and helped me get her out. They were even nice enough to tell the owner who found her dog so she could let me know the poor little mite had gotten home safely.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

it is not their fault..just so much money and people to go around for a mamoth problem..just like our health care system and child support collections...there are just too many people and not enough funds.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Felurian

I don't feel quite so sympathetically toward all of them, Smkie. In one of the nearby counties here, an animal control officer got bitten by a chow mix that was being picked up next to a fenced in school playground. This idiot managed to get bitten even using the slip collar on the long handle. Unable to handle ONE medium sized dog, this "trained professional" - their words, not mine - called the police for backup. The police came and summarily shot the dog in front of that playground full of young children at recess!

Talk about bad judgement!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian