Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Mutts to you

Default Racing stripes...

Okay, I posted in the art thread about getting my scanner to work. Y'all are in big trouble now!! Lol!

In semi-retaliation for clipping 'Good Year Blimp' in the side of my friend's mare *It was an honest mistake! Really! She was clipping the mare and I didn't realize the smaller clipper clipped a lot tighter!* and in celebration/mortification of my 30th birthday, she did this to my old Morgan:

It took 3 bottles of white shoe polish to accomplish and Rocket just stood there and let her do it! (The barn owner got a call later on from a neighbor asking about the zebra in the pasture.) I scrubbed and curried Rocket for over an hour and still couldn't get rid of all the stripes... Went trail riding anyway and had some kid ask why my horse was striped - told him it was because Rocket was soooooo fast *not*, those were his racing stripes.

This is how we looked without stripes:

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 09-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Heehee.. that is too cute!!! Congratulations on your zebra!

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Awww thats so cute, very unique lol .
Old 09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Too funny!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Twin 2.0

That's hilarious!! Do you have any pictures of the Good Year Blimp? THAT would be some to LOL about.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:24 PM
treehugging clicker freak

lol too cute / funny

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Love My KEEShond

Ha ha! That's so funny/cute looking! Rocket makes a very cute little Zebra!

In that competition pic, you both look gorgeous! Were you doing dressage, or just flat work?
Old 09-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKees View Post
Ha ha! That's so funny/cute looking! Rocket makes a very cute little Zebra!

In that competition pic, you both look gorgeous! Were you doing dressage, or just flat work?
Thanks! I still can't believe he stood there and let her do that. He was always pretty twitchy about being brushed or whatever - he was very sensitive (I finally found a set of brushes made especially for thin-skinned horses and he finally stopped biting the wall - I wouldn't let him bite me - while being groomed.)

Zoom: Sorry, no pics of the Good Year Blimp (actually, I also carved 'This Side Up' on her other side.) It wasn't planned 'vandalism', I really thought it would be clipped off. Lol! However, the 'zebra' incident sparked off a twenty year run of 'decorating' each other's horses for birthdays.

In the non-stripey pic: We used to event and we were warming up for the dressage phase. It wasn't our strong point. (Have I mentioned that Rocket was also gaited? It was a fine line trying to get him to extend his free walk without being 'pacey'. He could also switch from a trot to a pace and back to a trot again within a few strides. Quite talented in that regard, although the dressage judges didn't think so. Lol!)

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey

Last edited by Snark; 09-02-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Teri's babies

Wow, Rocket is absolutely beautiful! With or without her stripes...I have to say though, that when I saw the title of the post 'racing stripes' I was a little hesitant to click on in, lol. We have a much different definition of racing stripes round' here, and it generally has to do with the males of the house and their laundry.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac_1 View Post
Wow, Rocket is absolutely beautiful! With or without her stripes...I have to say though, that when I saw the title of the post 'racing stripes' I was a little hesitant to click on in, lol. We have a much different definition of racing stripes round' here, and it generally has to do with the males of the house and their laundry.
Ewwww! Too much information! Too much information! Lol!

Thanks! He was a wonderful little horse and we had a lot of fun together. I lost him 3 years ago this past April after 23 years.