Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Big Dog

Exclamation I Need Help

frodo has spent most of the day sleeping and he curls into a ball and shivers when he sleeps. I wrapped him in a blanket just a few min ago. He doesnt move a lot and it was raining few days ago and he had been playing outside. Do you guys think he'd caught cold? or worse than that? is there any home remedy for it..?? pls pls pls help.

thanx.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Top Dog

How old is the dog? what is the dog like when awake? its possible if it is a pup it is just tired, and many very young pups constantly jump and shake in their sleep, if it is older, acting lethargic when awake etc then I would have a visit to vet just for a check up.

Mo
Old 03-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Big Dog

he's 4 months old. And when he sleeps his nose was dry and when he wakes up his nose is wet but he licks it all the time. He slept a lot today and i noticed that his toepads are warm. i couldnt take the temp cuz i dont have any ky jelly or any slipper stuff. anybody knows the sign of fever or cold?

thanx
Old 03-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

to be on the safe side I would give my vets a ring.

Mo
Old 03-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Felurian

Hate to ask this, but has he had all his vaccinations?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Show Dog

Ginger was like that too, her paw pads were extremely warm.. and she would just lay there sleeping curled up and shiver... and her nose was dry as dirt.. but when she woke up would be wet and lick it like crazy..

i took her to the vet.. to be safe than sorry.. i found out she didn't have a temperature well it was 101.5 (but the vet said its normal) ... and Ginger was just very nauseated..
Old 03-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Big Dog

yep he had all his vaccines. My mom gave him aspirin or something this morning..do you think its okay? .....

.i hope he gets better... oh and he barfed a lot last night and had diarrhea. I will call the vet this afternoon after i got home from school.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Big Dog

what did the vet do to ginger?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Show Dog

Ginger also vomitted and had diarrhea she's had all her shots..

they first did a parvo test which was negative, then they did a fecal exam for two tests (giardia & coccydia(sp?)) .. both were negative.

So they just gave her some reglan, pepcid and gave me some flagyl to take home (antibiotic) for 8-10 days...

and if she still acts like that to see my regular vet (i went to an emergency vet) ... and after all that medicine, she was perkier!

i wish nothiing but the best for you and your pup, hope everything goes swell, keep us updated!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Felurian

That's a relief to know he's had his vaccines. I think the vet is your best bet. Let us know what you find out.

Aspirin is okay for dogs, in the right dosage for their weight and if it's enteric coated so it won't irritate their stomach lining.

Let us know what you find out, please, we'll worry!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian