A couple of pastels

Snark

Mutts to you
Finally figured out how to use the new scanner (it's been collecting dust for about 6 months) and scanned a couple of photos of portraits I've done. The first is of our old cat, Brando, aka The Brat Cat; he was quite a character. The portrait hangs over our fireplace.

This was a friend's Weim, it was fun to do a 'different' color:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOUr cat is so lifelike, the full blown pupils are the spark of life! I don't know how in the world you get such control with your pastels! My hats off to your whimmer (sp?) i have tried a couple times, that is the hardest coat in the world to get the color right. I saw one on the copy of a dog magazine i wish i had kept, i can see it in my head tho. Great work all in all,,,happy happy you got your scanner going.:) :D

zoe08

WOW!! Those are absolutely amazing!! Great work!! I wish I had one of Zoe!!

WOW, the talent on Chaz is unreal. Absolutely Beautiful work......:hail: :hail: :hail:

Snark

Mutts to you
Thanks! I'm glad I figured out how to scan stuff too - the program came with the scanner and I was used to scanning stuff in Photoshop. Weird program, too; you'd hit scan, hear the scanner working and then it looked like nothing happened. The preview would just sit there, and no matter what button I clicked on, nothing happened. Finally discovered the scanned pic shows up as a new window, right behind the original window. Duh!

Anyway, I found an old pic of Rocket, (my nice solid black Morgan) that my friends striped like a zebra for my 30th birthday (and stuck a sign on his stall saying 'Ship to Busch Gardens'). I'm gonna scan that and post it - should be good for a laugh.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I would shrivel up and die without my scanner.:D I never knew that piece of equipment would become so important to me. No more sketches piled up, pics scanned and PUT AWAY> has saved me from being buried in paper.:hail: to the scanner:D

Snark

Mutts to you
I'll throw in this, too. (See what happens when technology falls into the wrong hands? This could be worse than home movies! Lol!)

Kind of a looser style, I did this right out of high school. His name was Harry Bear, a throwaway that a woman I boarded with took home (I would taken him if my folks would have let me). He was the neatest dog, lived a long, happy life with her and I got to see him at barn nearly every day. :D

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
That cat picture, is absolutely amazing. So much detail! From the shadow, to the texture of th wall, and the lighting. AWESOME! That could be a photograph, and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference! You have a great talent! :D

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'll throw in this, too. (See what happens when technology falls into the wrong hands? This could be worse than home movies! Lol!)

Kind of a looser style, I did this right out of high school. His name was Harry Bear, a throwaway that a woman I boarded with took home (I would taken him if my folks would have let me). He was the neatest dog, lived a long, happy life with her and I got to see him at barn nearly every day. :D

Wow! How beautiful!

Members online

No members online now.