Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 05-19-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Hi Everyone! New to the site

I just found this site and it's wonderful! I live in PA and have a 3 yr. old husky/mix, named Addie and a 5 mo. old german shepard puppy, named Hamlin Cort...or Hammie. I'm so glad that I'll be able to receive help with training for my puppy. Addie is a free spirit...the sweetest nature and so loving, but difficult to train. Hammie is magnificent...he is intelligent and I'd know with some pointers he will be amazing. He is registered and his parents are both awesome. He is also already a very big boy...and I want to make sure he doesn't get out of hand. He is the best and is my shadow at this stage in his life. Can you tell I adore him???
Old 05-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Alpha Dog

Hi Debi, Welcome Chazhound Forums!

Can't wait to see Addie and Hammie's pics

Chazhound
Old 05-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Felurian

Hello, Debi,

Glad to have another person who belongs to a German Shepherd here! I depend on mine to keep some sort of balance with the eccentric Filas; I don't know what I'd do without him.

Have you heard of the Monks of New Skete dog training program? They have books and a video series. If I remember correctly, they actually started with German Shepherds. I haven't used it, myself, since I've never really had a desire or need to have a dog trained beyond just listening to me, but I've seen some of the results and one of these days I may go for it - especially with the Filas. You can find information on them at http://www.dogsbestfriend.com/

I really should get the books! Your description of Addie is exactly like my Shiva, our 9 month old Fila!

Renee
Old 05-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
I just found this site and it's wonderful! I live in PA and have a 3 yr. old husky/mix, named Addie and a 5 mo. old german shepard puppy, named Hamlin Cort...or Hammie. I'm so glad that I'll be able to receive help with training for my puppy. Addie is a free spirit...the sweetest nature and so loving, but difficult to train. Hammie is magnificent...he is intelligent and I'd know with some pointers he will be amazing. He is registered and his parents are both awesome. He is also already a very big boy...and I want to make sure he doesn't get out of hand. He is the best and is my shadow at this stage in his life. Can you tell I adore him???
Hi Welcome to Chazhound! german shepard and huskies are great dogs i have a mix german shep. and a mix huskie they are great dogs!
if you need to ask a question about training just ask and you'll get lots of good advice!