Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
I found this excellent article about agility dogs. It says that herding dogs are some of the better ones at the sport so maybe you should enter Kharma, Renee!

(Shoot - I'm sorry, Saje! I meant to hit the "quote" button and I accidentally hit the edit button instead - and didn't realize it until I'd deleted your link! BAD, BAD, BAD! )
Okay, here's what I intended

I have this vision of Kharma herding all the other dogs through the course . . . She's quite good at it, lol! She can put ALL the cowsies in one place all by herself - and we've got over 70 head!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-25-2005, 11:43 PM
We are Home.

kharma and walker would get in a ton of trouble but it would be so great to see. scirracco kinda crawled throught the tunnel on his belly lol. it was funny to see i wish i had a camera :\ yea walker is starting to learn how to hunt and he preactices all the time on me sometimes to ill start to walk off and hell notice his mama is gone and all you see is his nose to the ground looking for me lol.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 03-26-2005, 02:55 AM
Show Dog

Im not saying only those breeds can do agility all breeds can and most dogs love doing it. What im saying is Those 3 breeds are the best there the quickest its like greyhound raceing you dont think a montain dog would beat a greyhound in a race do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
I don't buy into the 'fact' that only certain breeds of animals can do certain sports. Some of them may be more inclined a certain way but we shouldn't assume that because they are a doberman of cocker that they CAN'T do it.

I've never shown dogs but I've shown a lot of horses and every breed can do almost everything. Sure some horses are too short to be good jumpers but they can still jump in their own class. I'm some aren't strong enough to pull wagons but they can still pull carts. Which they do all the time.

If you think your dog has what it takes to be in agility go for it!
Old 03-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Show Dog

Then you need to motivate your dog more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I have a mostly BC mix and she doesn't like agility. At times she'll do a course for me, but she'd rather chase bunny rabbits around and herd us up to bed. My Canaan/Terrier mix is superduper physco dog and goes over jumps in less than a second.

Ozoro, it does seem like you know quite a bit about dogs already, and it's great that you're researching!! You don't know how many people just get a dog because it's "cute" or "sweet" or they just "want it".
Old 03-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Felurian

Just because a dog is of a certain breed doesn't mean it's going to automatically have an affinity for the same activities. That's like saying that all men from Canada want to/are able to play hockey or all men over 6'10" want to/are able to play basketball.

Dogs have individual personalities and characters within breed lines - all I have to do is look at my two Filas to see that!

Maybe Gaddy's BC mix is of a more serious mind and perceives agility as frivolous.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Just because a dog is of a certain breed doesn't mean it's going to automatically have an affinity for the same activities. That's like saying that all men from Canada want to/are able to play hockey or all men over 6'10" want to/are able to play basketball.

Dogs have individual personalities and characters within breed lines - all I have to do is look at my two Filas to see that!

Maybe Gaddy's BC mix is of a more serious mind and perceives agility as frivolous.
That's true both my dad and bf have no interest in hocky.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Show Dog

no its more like saying a man over 30 stone is gonna be as quick as an olympic runner. and will wn in a marathon.

or a sports car is gonna loose to a lorry its how the dog is built and natural motivation
Old 03-26-2005, 01:31 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Then you need to motivate your dog more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
LOL you bet I motivate. What might be fun for one person may not be fun for the other--for example clothes shopping is like hell for me and I always put it off, but for two of my older sisters it is Heaven and they want to do it every day !! Tippy is more interested in chasing bunny rabbits and taking 5 mile walks on the bikepath, or taking a car ride. We're still looking for a dog sports trainer because we'd like to get her into herding. We found one trainer but found out she thinks she's physcic , so we didn't go to her.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:31 PM
no touchy

Oh and Renee--agility is too good for Tippy. I mean, Princess Tippy.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:51 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Can you imagine what orzoro must be thinking of this thread?