Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Hula Hoop

Aww what a little cutie!

***9829;Hula***9829;
Old 08-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

Too sweet !!! Looks like a keeper to me !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Happy

Green eyes and a dudley nose, aw... I can see why you think he's at least part Sharpei (I was curious about that, before the photos).

Judging from those paws, he's going to be a big dog - at least 50lbs. I'd consider getting an evaluation on his temperament (vet school's give good reccomendations, or you could look for someone through a good vet, shelter, etc.) He looks very lovable, but he may not be right for a busy household that's shortly going to include two other dogs and a baby (and eventually, a little kid and his/her friends). Sharpei's are not usually famous for being tolerant, long-suffering dogs. Labs are famous for that trait, but they are also a little more territorial than people credit them for, and the dog looks more Sharpei than lab, anyway. I'd give him a chance, but I'd want a good expert opinion that he's going to be okay with kids.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

I'll bring him to the vet to have him scaned for microchip this Saturday. I haven't called any shelters yet (didn't think of it until now) - but I will.

If I can't keep him, I want to either return him to his rightful owner, or give him to someone who can provide better care for him than I

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
LabBreeder

He looks like pure Shar Pei to me. If there is anything else mixed in it isn't to obvious. I hope someone claims him or you find him a good home soon. He looks so sweet.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

He is so freakin cute! Most definately a mix but still cute.

My grandparents are really into shar peis and have three
http://www.dogster.com/?100860
http://www.dogster.com/?100859
http://www.dogster.com/?100861

Peis are usually very stuck up. its like they feel embaressed if you catch them chasing their tail. they are one of the easiest dogs to potty train because other than the drool they love to be clean.

A lot of them have seroiues skin issues. Many have behavior issues also. If only they were more popular I swear they would be banned same as pits and chows are other places. My grandparents latest rescue is horrible and honestly I would have put her down a long time ago. She gets better and then she is right back to growling biting crazy dog. But they won't give up on her,even though she tried to bite my calf last saturday -But anyway- I will have one someday-lucy is exactly what a shar pei should be and if I cna find one jsut like her its mine

So they need lots and lots of socialization. I have heard some get odd attachments and guard objects but I've never really seen that. Lu lu does go nuts if soemone touches the door but I think thats jsut her people coming over issue and not really with the door. Also start it on a good food now so hopeuflly skin is less of a issue later. don't over bathe but also make sure the folds are clean and dry.

And he looks younger so I doubt anyone in your household would be an issue with the dog. they attach onto the members of the family and the last thing they would do is turn on them. the problem is many don't tolerate outside people. the first pei my grandparents had was horrible with strangers but I could get down and wrestle with her all day. I've never heard of one turning on the family(I'm sure its happened).

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 08-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

What a cutie! Such an irresistable face!

The only experience I have had with a shar pei is one my brother had years ago. He was wonderful with his 3 young sons. They did end up having problems though as his boys got older and started having friends come over to the house. Their dog would not accept visitors that it hadn't known since he was a puppy. Whenever other company came over the dog had to be closed off in one of the bedrooms for safety sake. They had to be extremely vigilant and it was difficult because boys being boys they'd sometimes forget to come in alone 1st to secure the dog before bringing their friends in. While they had many close calls luckily they were always able to avoid any bites.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Puppy Dog

I'm not so sure he's a mixed breed...he doesn't really have any labrador like characteristics.

I bet he's someone's lost puppy. Since it's likely he's a pure bred, (and also that he's gorgeous) you should definately try to find his parents.

I know that if anyone found Orchid wondering around and decided to keep her I'd be devestated.

Maybe he's microchipped...

Anyway, I know he's cute, and I'm sorry to "rain on the parade" but yeah, definately try to find his home before you keep him for your own.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

he is stunning!!!!!

btw i dont see any labrador in i=him, i personally think hes just a porely bred shar-pei

Old 08-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

even poorly bred the ears would jsut be tiny folded triangles nad the tail would have a diffrent structure(although it looks horrible on my pics!).

I wouldn't be surprised if someone had it and found out it may have skin issues and dumped it. People do it with the purebreeds they pay hundreds for so if they jsut picked the pup up it wouldn't surprise me.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber