Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
I raise cavaliers and pekingese and neither have any health problems at all.
have you had the appropriate health testing done on these dogs to prove that,

and to be perfectly honest, both those breeds are prone to health problems the pekinese especially,
and if you dont no that then you shouldnt even be breeding them at all

Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

please read these links
the top one most importantly

http://www.geocities.com/stevenlecor...gner_dogs.html

nd

http://www.geocities.com/stevenlecor..._Breeders.html

Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Boxer Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyk
I raise cavaliers and pekingese and neither have any health problems at all. Just thinking about breeding them.

you are joking?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Oh, so the OP is a breeder? A responsible, reputable breeder that knows what they are doing would NEVER think to crossbreed dogs.

Im sorry if I sound rude but really crossbreeding is a serious problem that I wish people would stop doing.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Active Pup

Yes I do breed dogs and I do beleive that one breed can make another breed better and have less problems. My pekingese have a problem with herniasbut I bred a Shih-Tzu to a pekingese and never had a problem with hernias again with them and they shed about a 1/4 as much and they are twice as good looking dogs in my eyes Thats just my opinion everybody has their own. As far as I'm concerned a dogs a dog but there is ways you can make them better.... This is speaking from experience but I was just wondering about the cava-peke. I got both purebreeds and I like both but neither have life threatining health issues and I was just wondering what people thought of the hybrid. Thanks for all the comments though. Like I said everyone has their own opinion.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:08 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyk
Yes I do breed dogs and I do beleive that one breed can make another breed better and have less problems. My pekingese have a problem with herniasbut I bred a Shih-Tzu to a pekingese and never had a problem with hernias again with them and they shed about a 1/4 as much and they are twice as good looking dogs in my eyes Thats just my opinion everybody has their own. As far as I'm concerned a dogs a dog but there is ways you can make them better.... This is speaking from experience but I was just wondering about the cava-peke. I got both purebreeds and I like both but neither have life threatining health issues and I was just wondering what people thought of the hybrid. Thanks for all the comments though. Like I said everyone has their own opinion.
First of all if you think that crossbreeding dogs make less health problems then you don't know nearly enought about breeding to be doing it. You are not adding anything good to either breed because what you are breeding isn't a breed anymore. Its a crossbred with even more health issues. It might not show up in the first generation, but what about the next? Do the people you sell your dogs to have to have them S/N?

THERE IS NO REASON TO CROSSBREED DOGS!!!!!!!!!

Why not try breeding hereditary issues out of PUREBRED ones? Then you would be doing something.

All you are doing right now is adding to the overpopulation problem!

Ok Summit where are you when we need you!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Active Pup

I dont know if they spay or neuter them but I tell them to talk to me about them if they ever have problems and none have ever said anything to me about it.. I do have healthy dogs and they came from a good line that has very few health problems. But every dog has some kind of problem no matter what breed it is. Don't fool yourselves it doesnt matter if you still have health problems because it is still a dog. All have some sort of problem. And I do consider them a breed just a crossbreed they are still a dog. God forbid they are a cat. LOL I don't mean to cause a conflict but I was just throwing my opinin out there and I like to hear others opinions as well.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
neither have life threatining health issues
have you have genetic health testing done to prove this CERF, etc?
just because a dog looks healthy doesnt mean it isnt carrying a genetic disease

btw did you read my links?

Old 08-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
But every dog has some kind of problem no matter what breed it is
that is because of poor breeding,
that exact phrase is why you should only breed TESTED dogs

Old 08-23-2006, 08:25 PM
LabBreeder

Do you do health tests on the parents?
Have you proven your dogs (titles, etc)?
Do you offer a guarantee against health problems?
Have you ever bred before?

Do you understand that all you are doing is creating a mixed breed that WILL have the potential of having MORE problems than a single purebred (simply because you are mixing 2 breeds with health problems)?
Do you care that you are adding to overpopulation?

I see you as another back yard breeder in it for the money. You don't care about either breed, the pups, how they grow up, their health, nothing. You breed, you sell and you think what your doing is fine and acceptable. Man, you are truly in the wrong place.