Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Puppy Dog

If you're going to go all the way to spend $600 on a dog, just save up a bit more and get from a reputable breeder.

There are plenty of small breeds of dogs- you don't need a pocket pup. There's just too much at risk, IMO.

What's the allure with all of the ankle biters? Don't get me wrong- I love small dogs (when they're not nuerotic). But, why would you want to get a dog you could step on, or sit on, and crush?

Maybe I'm just paraniod...too paraniod probably!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

Cam ... I feel the same way .... I love ALL animals... but just don't want to worry about them underfoot ......We bought my FIL a Toy Manchester when my MIL died ... when I sat him I went nuts !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Collie Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
It's a very tiny , unhealthy dog that could fit in your pocket or a teacup.

Which I find a ridiculously market ploy. Why the heck would I want a dog who fits in my pocket or in a teacup? I certainly wouldnt put it in my pocket, and I wouldnt want a little thing sitting in my cup!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Top Dog

I will never understand why people feel it's necessary to breed tiny dogs even tinier As if poms aren't small enough without the help of disasterous breeders
Old 08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

i might be going to a club that involves dogs,and poket pets but im not sure what there going to say about them

Thanx steve!

Old 08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Looking for a dog !

My friend bought a teacup or pocket Pom for $950. It had allot of health issues... My friend couldn't afford the vet bills and ended up giving it to the humane society. It is probably dead. She now has a regular sized one.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:41 PM
#1 Animal lover :)

Talking Hi

Hey
When i first got my chihuahua,well a few weeks before i got her,the seller said she was the smallest of the litter and she wasn't eating properly.
She told me if she didn't start eating sooner, then i can't get her.
I was sooo sad and scared that she might not start eating and might not survive.
BUT the bad news turned around and she started eating. now she happy and healthy and so am i
Cya
~Candace~
Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by candaceluvspebbles View Post
Hey
When i first got my chihuahua,well a few weeks before i got her,the seller said she was the smallest of the litter and she wasn't eating properly.
She told me if she didn't start eating sooner, then i can't get her.
I was sooo sad and scared that she might not start eating and might not survive.
BUT the bad news turned around and she started eating. now she happy and healthy and so am i
Cya
~Candace~
Glad the breeder kept her until she was eating properly, I knew one breeder who would just send a totally unhealthy puppy to it's new home with nothing but NutriCal
Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Active Pup

Whats funny is that pom probably isn't going to be that small. 1lb at 8 weeks old is only a few ounces under average for a pom puppy with at least one littermate. It will likely be 4-5 pounds as an adult which is within the standard.

People that sell "pockets" or "teacups" are scammers plain and simple. Looking to make some $$$$$
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky hunter View Post
My friend bought a teacup or pocket Pom for $950. It had allot of health issues... My friend couldn't afford the vet bills and ended up giving it to the humane society. It is probably dead. She now has a regular sized one.
I'm sorry..but people like your friend don't deserve to own any type of animals.