Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
She's asking $600 for him. He is red in color.
OH wow, that's not as much as I thought it would be, people who sell pocket puppies are usually like 1000 dollars. does she have a website or anything?and I remember years ago in the world gueniess record, they had that tiny little yorkie and it was healthy too, I dunno what happened now. I think it's because people are over doing it?

I <3 my shiba Inu puppy: Sora, My Matlipoo: phoebe, My golden retriever: Kira, and my pom : reno.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Faint

Are you interested in purchasing?

I would strongly suggest not to purchase the pup from her (or any!). Anyone who sells 'pocket' breeds should be avoided at all costs, as these dogs are often unhealthy and have behavioral problems (as stated above). They do not follow the breed standards whatsoever. They are NOT in it to better the breed, and that is the only good reason someone should be breeding dogs.

Thanks Keyodie!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

Urg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 AM
savethebulliedbreeds

Yup, its a small version of a Pomeranian. Like everyone said, it most likely already does or will have health issues. Its definately not something you want to get yourself into. The "pocket" part of it just means that its smaller than breed standard and a term someone came up with to try and make more ignorant people interested and make more money. Please don't buy this puppy, it will really cost you in the end.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Collie Crazy

I just wanted to add: Alot of these 'pocket' dogs are really young puppies who breeders are coning off as twice their age, i.e. a 4 week old as a 9-10 week old. I saw a situation a while back where this lady goes into a pet shop with a 15 pund chihuahua b*tch*ng because she paid 700 dollars for a 'pocket' chihuahua.

The shop also had a teeny tiny about 4 week old Boston who they were trying to sell as a 9 week old Puhleez
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
LabBreeder

It's either underage or has been bred down to be smaller than the standards. The byb that produced this poor (probably unhealthy) pup needs to be shut down.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Shiba Inu Slave

All of these people are right on target. IMO $600 is WAY too much to be paying for a dog that will likely end up having some sort of health issues.

When people breed with size as their ONLY concern they forget that OTHER things change as well. When you don't breed for the total package you lose a lot on the way, and you gain some things you DON'T want as well.

And one of those things you *could* gain include hundreds of dollars in vet bills fixing problems that you shouldn't have to deal with in a well-bred dog.

What Lizzies says about people selling these dogs at far too young is entirely possible. I've been around enough Shiba litters to recognize that when I go into a pet store, the puppies there aren't even *close* to the 8 weeks old they're saying.

And I've been witness to unhappy people complaining about a 30 pound(!!!!) Pug that was sold as a "pocket pug."

Save yourself the (likely) pain of a puppy with health and temperament problems and look for a good breeder.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Top Dog

i dont know but does anyone know what a pocket pet is???If so please pm me

Thanx steve!

Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
LabBreeder

rascal - A "pocket" anything is just a smaller (usually runt), unhealthy version of the standard of whatever breed it is.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

It's a very tiny , unhealthy dog that could fit in your pocket or a teacup.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/