Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Sites and Pet Sites

Old 03-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Doggie Seamstress

Default Make a Vest Style Dog Coat- Easy Free Sewing Pattern

I just joined this forum and would like to share a free sewing pattern for dogs that I posted at:
http://sewing.circleofcrafters.com/f...stpattern.html

I started a gallery page of pictures sent in by people who have made the coat. Cute, cute, cute is how I describe the pics that have been sent so far!
http://sewing.circleofcrafters.com/petcoatgallery.html

You only need basic sewing skills to make the pattern, 1/2 yard of fabric and a small strip of sew-on velcro. One visitor's 7-year-old daughter made the jacket. The pic of the one she made, modeled on a Maltese, is one of the pics in the gallery.

I hope everyone enjoys the link, the pattern is rated very easy to make. On the main page of my site, you can also find a free sewing pattern to make a dog dress, this pattern is more advanced.
http://sewing.circleofcrafters.com/index.html
Old 03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Doggie Seamstress

I don't how to edit my post, but I should have added that the free patterns are for puppies or small breeds. But, for a larger dog, you might be able to take the pattern to a print shop to have it enlarged. Otherwise the pattern won't fit on standard printer paper.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Love my pets

What a great pattern. Wish I had a dog that small to make one for. Thanks for the website.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Doggie Seamstress

LOL, the previous post made me think about cats, I tried the vest on my cat named Pinky. He did not like the vest!!! He rolled around on the floor like he was disabled when we placed the coat on him. It was very funny! Not for Pinky, but for us. My poor kittty kitty!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

I wish I could make one for my German Shepherd pup. Buuutt, I cant ge tthe sowing machine to work. New one. Just wont work. Wished it would. B/c I really want to make one for my pup.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Active Pup

Default doggie vest

I made the vest for my shih tzu, Tiki. It is on page 4 of the sewing circle of crafters. I had fun making it. Since then I have added more details such as pockets and a belt