Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Show Dog

Someone shot her in the foot??? How did that happen? Blondie can definitely tell when the microwave beeps... it means food is ready!! And he loves it, gets on furniture near the kitchen and checks on the smell. He's been watching TV lately, if there's a dog on the screen he sometimes barks at it, and if it's a soccer game, he sometimes jumps up to go for the ball! I've never microwaved popcorn when he's around, I'll have to tell you later.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Felurian

We're not sure how it happened. It was a .22 hollowpoint - shattered when it hit the bone and fractured the two weight bearing toes. She was in a cast for four weeks, and broke two splints - including the steel shank in the leg of it. What a nightmare! Whoever did it undoubtedly was trying to kill her and aimed wrong. Charley's put the word out that all it's going to take is her growling at someone and he'll know who did it and deal with them.

I never had to worry about my dogs when I was in town. Now, out here in the country it's always something.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Show Dog

Oh Renee I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how hard it was for you and the poor baby! Is she doing okay now?
Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
We're not sure how it happened. It was a .22 hollowpoint - shattered when it hit the bone and fractured the two weight bearing toes. She was in a cast for four weeks, and broke two splints - including the steel shank in the leg of it. What a nightmare! Whoever did it undoubtedly was trying to kill her and aimed wrong. Charley's put the word out that all it's going to take is her growling at someone and he'll know who did it and deal with them.

I never had to worry about my dogs when I was in town. Now, out here in the country it's always something.

Good for Charley! I am right behind him. We will all show up and whoever did it will be sorry the messed with the whole forum. They will think we are like the dog mafia!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogolove
Good for Charley! I am right behind him. We will all show up and whoever did it will be sorry the messed with the whole forum. They will think we are like the dog mafia!
You mean we aren't?

Kharma's fine now, Blondie, she's just a terror when she hears gunshots. She wants to go after the shooting, which is a breed characteristic - they'll actually react and disarm anyone other than family with anything they decide is a weapon. When she was 7 months old, Buffy took a 2' long, 2 1/2 " diameter steel bar away from Big Mike when he was picking up the tractor to repair it. Charley told him to wait until he put the dogs up but Big Mike thought he wasn't afraid of dogs . . . he is now, lol!

Kharma was really pitiful with her leg in the cast - when she remembered to be! She really milked it for all it was worth, but then she'd forget and try to bounce around and wrestle with Shiva. She's a hard pup to keep down - definitely shows she's related to Buffy.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian