Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Dog Spoiler

Default How to make Moving Signatures

I've been getting a lot of PM's from random people who I've never seen post about how I got my signature to move. LOL I'm not trying to be mean BUT my mailbox gets full sometimes. It's pretty simple. I'll show you 2 ways and try to explain it the best I can, From start to finish.

Things you need for the long way.
-Digital camera that lets you take videos
-a program that lets you take still captures from video files (Snatch It!)
-an Animation Program (Image Ready, Animation Shop)
-
Longer Way
1.Take the video-Just tape some video. Most new digital cameras have the feature where you can take some videos.
2. Upload the video onto your computer - Upload the video onto your computer...ya pretty self explanitory.
3. Open up your program that lets you take still captures from you video. Depending on what program your using, this can either take 30 secs to 30 mins or more. Take a still capture of your video every couple milliseconds or so. Make sure you know where you saved them. (Try to name the files something like a1,a2,a3. So they're in order.) This will help you out later.
*HINT* I use a program called SnatchIt!. You can set it so it takes a still capture every couple milliseconds or so. This can be VERY helpful because it cuts down on the time by ALOT.
4. Open up your Animation Program. Upload all your pictures to this program and if you named the pics in order, the pics should all upload in order. Save the file as a gif.
5. OK now that you have this animation you may wonder how to get this animation of you beautiful dog into your signature. Open up your internet browser and use a picture upload engine to get the animation on the internet.
*HINT* I use ImageShack. http://imageshack.us/ Just upload the animation and it gives you the [IMG] code for the animation so all you have to do is copy and paste.
6. Get the web address of your animation. Copy and paste the address into your Signature (User CP, Signature). MAKE SURE the address is in [IMG] code form ( [img]image address[/img]).
7. If you did everything right, or if you could follow these insanely unclear directions , you deserve a pat on the back.lol. Also you should now have an animation for a signature

Things you need for the Short way
-digital camera or video camera that lets you shoot video
- a animation program Adobe ImageReady preferrably

How to do it the short way
1. Shoot video. ok
2. Upload the video to the computer. ok
3. Open up the video with an animation program. I use Adobe ImageReady because Animation Shop won't let me open a video directly. It should automatically take still captures for you.
4. Edit it whatever way you want to. (add text, change colors, etc)
5. Save the animation as a gif file.
DO STEPS 5-7 FROM THE LONG WAY

LOL feel free to message me with problems or whatever.

OH YES. I JUST WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO DIAL UP USERS. IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY START MAKING MOVING SIGNATURES, IT'S GOING TO TAKE FOREVER FOR YOUR PAGES TO LOAD.

-Jon
Old 03-25-2005, 02:10 AM
DILLIGAF?

Where do you get the SnatchIt progam at?