Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Default TeaCup Chi

Not like a regular sized Chihuahua wasent fragile enough there has to be an even smaller version of this dog???? This is crazy lol i would'nt want one at all.
This site is very informational and tells you the story of one of these Chi's Munchkin and her shortlived life because of her size.
http://www.australianchihuahua.com/munchkin.html

To qoate the site
ALL extra tiny, or so-called Teacup Chihuahuas are going to have problems. The smaller they are, the more numerous and severe those problems will be. Munchkin was the smallest we've seen yet. Her problems were therefore severe enough to end her life just short of her first birthday.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-27-2005, 11:18 PM
MIiA

Isn't your hamster the same size as that dog???

I'd be afraid to step on a chihuahua in the first place, but with this little guy, it'd be fatal
Old 02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Felurian

Any breeder advertising or touting "Teacup" of any breed is one to avoid like the plague.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Island dweller

That dog died before her first birthday.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Puppy Dog

Thats so sad! And the problem with that recently is, people are buying these "teacup" pups because they see idiots like Paris Hilton and other idiot celebrities on TV with them and want to get one so they can be like them. But the celebs only really use them for a "cute accessory". And these stupid "breeders" (as they like to call themselves) just keep mating the already unhealthy runts of the litters and put a huge price tag on these poor puppies that won't have a chance in life. People that dont know about this really need to be more educated. Sorry this subject really gets to me I feel so sorry for the poor little things!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:06 AM
Puppy Dog

That's so sad. It kinda of hits home for me. When I got my Buddy he was very small just like that Chihuahua, and he still is. It scared me, he had a lot of health problems and a lot of vet visits, medical bills, and all that. It was scarey but I was going to do whatever it took to get him happy and healthy, I was going to pay whatever I had to for him to be healthy. Buddy is very healthy now, he is a whole 3 pounds. Zoe stepped on him once when he was younger, so now he watches feet and can move quick now. He learned that fast, he's very smart, sometimes I think he's too smart. lol I just wish people would stop the breeding of getting the Chihuahuas so small. They are a small dog as it is why breed them to be so tiny they are almost the size of a mouse. What is the point of that? If someone wants a dog that is that small, I suggest they get a hamster, they are small. That drives me nuts when breeders advertise "Teacup" or "pocket pup", everytime someone sees Buddy they say "oh is he a teacup?" It drives me nuts lol I tell them "No, he's a CHIHUAHUA" lol

That's so sad about that little Chi =( She was adorable it's terrible about her health problems. =(
Old 02-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Puppy Dog

I agree. Paris Hilton and other celebs who carry their dogs around like accessorties really annoy me. And your right, it makes the public want one too like some type of status symbol. My dear friend just told me the other day that her daughter who is 12 wants a little teacup chihuahua like Paris Hilton's and some guy she knows at work is breeding his female "teacup" and will give her a puppy. I tried to explain the whole "teacup myth" but I don't know if I got through. This is the same friend who got her Boxer puppy from a petstore after I told her all the reason why it's a bad idea I still love her I just don't think most people truly understand. I got my Capone from a Chihuahua rescue and he was the biggest one there. My kids kept saying they wanted the tiny one but I knew especially with 2 young kids that wasn't a good idea. Capone was much strudier and much more personable too. We love him!! All 10 lbs. of him!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Don't encourage me..

That's awful! I thought my cat was small but that's ridiculous!! It always amazes me how far people will go for the sake of fashion!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 PM
no touchy

I've seen those. Just another designer breed. Their simply runts, smaller dogs and shouldn't be bred. Some people actually breed dogs that only weigh an ounce or two.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I hear you there Gaddy

And people wonder why dogs have hereditary behavior and health problems. Because of shot breeding like this of Tea Cup Chi's and others.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie