homeless can you use this

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I found a local company..simply a stationary shop that sold the cards in bulk...unfolded along with the right sized envelopes...i sent Renee a couple and CT should have two in a couple days..so they can attest to the quality..they were not too expensive..then you can either print directly on the card or as i did..affix the print to the front. I found plastic shields at a store that is an office supply..they were pennies on the dollar..all in all not to bad. If you want a great cheap ink refill source..pm me. I use this alllllll the time and it is loads cheaper than buying cartridges..in fact they have an epson that retails for 59 dollars that you can put an auto feed in and never have to mess with those profit making cartridges again. I don't know if it is proper to promote a company on a thread so i won't until i am told it is ok.

Saje

Island dweller
Ok! I'm going to look around and see what kind of options they have here. I'm quite keen on this idea. :)

The cards Smkie sent me were what made me think of it. They really do look great and are just as professional as something we'd expect from our Smkie.

I e-mailed this to Smkie - thought it might make a good rescue poster with good illustration:

(think of it with the cadence of "The Christmas Song" - you know, the one that starts out "chestnuts roasting on an open fire . . . ")

Big Mutts with sad eyes in a kennel run,
Young dogs nipping at your toes,
Tiny pups, with their noses all cold
all make it hard to turn away.

You know that they would like to play
With lots of toys and treat balls all the day.
And your soft caress would be so warm
to old ones abandoned and forlorn!

And so I'm offering this quick advice
To all who'd love a pup or two
Love them your best, for they'll love you too
Adopt one and take love home today!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sams club has a box of paper that i use..don't know if you can get it anywhere else, but it is the best i have found..ilford..had to go find the box..ilford gallerie smooth gloss paper..professional inkjet photo range.100sheets for about 25 dollars.Each sheet can be used to make the front of two cards..that is if you don't print directly on the paper. don't waste your time on kodak...gack

Ilford makes great products! When I did a lot of B/W photography that's all I used.

Agree completely on the Kodak! For film I've found the Fujicolor Superia 800 speed is great. I can use it in virtually any situation and get good results.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
dont laugh but all my film comes from the dollar store..everyonce and a while i get a roll that jams but oh my do i save big bucks and my prints come out just fine! (i always shoot 100 or 200) why do you use 800? Indoors? does the grain look large?

There's not any graininess to speak of - much less than the 100 and 200 speed films I've used, plus I can get action shots with it, which would be impossible with the slow film. It's a professional grade film and is incredibly forgiving of lousy lighting and all sorts of situations. I got turned on to it when I was shooting professional wrestling matches, lol! A couple of the magazine photographers thought I was staging the photos I took, since that was the way they did theirs. With a good camera and lens, fast film and a good flash you can often make chicken salad out of chicken scratch :p

Saje

Island dweller
LOL Saje was already taken. Go figure. I mispelled it as per usual. Who ever took it probably thought they were spelling it correctly. LOL

Well anyone can use them for fundraisers. Just ask and I'll send the original

Members online

No members online now.