Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Top Dog

Default walking a cat

I went out last weekend to an outdoor mall and I saw someone walking their cat. It was a unique cat because the fur looked like cheetah....must be very expensive. The owner was walking the cat with a harness but even that I thought it was wrong to walk a cat. The cat was terrified passing by all these strangers at night. What do you guys thing?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:05 AM
Dog Spoiler

I used to walk my cat. Started off when he was young. Didn't really think it was wrong cuz he seemed to enjoy it. He also enjoyed fetching catnip mouses. Weird cat, but he was really fun. I wish I still had him.

I don't think its wrong as long as the pet enjoys it. If not than its kinda selfish to drag your cat outside to show it off.

-Jon
Old 03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Felurian

My Gonzo walked on a leash - he'd even pull every now and then if there was something interesting we weren't getting to quickly enough, lol!

If the cat is uncomfortable in crowded surroundings it's not the kindest thing to do, though. Gonzo loved it. He was a certified therapy animal and loved being the center of attention. I used to say he was doing his Prince Charming act. He just loved ferreting out the most rabid cat hater in the area and making it his mission to win them over - he rarely failed either. If that cat had been able to speak in human language he could have ruled the world! He'd probably have done a better job of it than most, too, lol!

The cat you saw might have been an Ocicat. It's a domestic, but it has the look of an ocelot.

http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/ocicat-faq.html

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 03-23-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:44 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i use to walk very early in the summertime..when the dawn was soft as a rose petal..and Eli cat would join me..not on a leash..just right beside me..it was a big deal for her to leave her safety boundries..and eventually she would become too nervous and run home which was fine..i did enjoy her company tho..she was a fine cat.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

Yeah I thought it was wrong because the owner was literally dragging this cat in the harness. IT would be different if she was walking on her own and I would just be amazed how a cat can be just like a dog but the cat was terrified. I felt sorry for the cat
Old 03-23-2005, 06:05 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Maybe it was their first time out...liked the fact that mine joined me on her own..problem was when we got to the park where we could have had a lovely time..a neighbor's dog began to bark and jump at us..i picked her up and she instantly went weed eater at me..the neighbor was cutting a man's hair on the deck..i asked her if she could call her dog up until we passed..and she said "dog has a right to bark in it's own backyard" what a B. I finally had to turn loose, our morning ruined..me all scratched up...people..i swear..
Old 03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Both my cats walk on leashes. They love the chance to go outside and play in the grass in the park. They also like meeting all the people!