Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Show Dog

Default Ginger isn't doing so good...

I got Ginger Last night and she seemed fine. This morning she was doing alright.. but I noticed that she didn't want to play.. she would just lay there and sleep..

she seems very lethargic.. but will open her eyes when you call her but go right back to a deep sleep.. and she vomited once a few minutes ago.. is she just depressed because she's not used to where she is? or is it something i should be very worried about? need some advice asap please.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Quigleyfied

is this a new puppy you brought home? if so, i'd give her some time to settle in, she'll probably be very shaken up about being separated from mom and littermates as well as going to an entirely new place.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Puppy Dog

Hrmm, maybe it's a "Ginger" thing. My Ginger did the same thing too right after I brought her home. Just give it a few days i'm sure she'll be fine. Ginger was fine after a few days, just the new sounds and different surroundings.
Hope and wishes to you and your Ginger =)
Old 03-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

this is the yorkie right ?? you need to give her a little honey or if you have nutrical now !if you dont have anyof those you need to give her something with sugar in it
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Show Dog

Thanks for replying everyone! but.. last night i got so worried.. i gave her nutrical (experience with Oreo).. and she was still lethargic, didn't want to play or anything.. and she vomitted..

Well I didn't want to take any chances because that's what almost happened with Oreo, he almost died and i didn't want Ginger to go through the same thing.. sooo I took her to the emergency vet last night.. They did Parvo test, Giardia and Coccydia (sp) ... which all came out to be negative. which was a good thing.. but they gave her reglan for an appetite stimulant, because she didn't really want to eat.. (i found out later she just is picky and doesn't like innova ) they gave her flagyl which is an antibiotic i guess as a prophylaxis and they gave me metronidazole to take home...

I'm just glad she's all bouncy today this morning, eating well, and playing with Oreo! I just want to be safe than sorry! soo phew!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

thats great to hear !
Old 03-22-2005, 12:45 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

so happy to hear! Thank goodness! Victor wouldn't eat anything either for quite some time after coming to live with us. it is so hard to imagine what it would be like to be picked up from one place where u know what is going on..and put into another. Unless you have been adopted yourself, i don't think we could even imagine how scarey it is.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Show Dog

Very True Smkie! I Bet it must be very scarey, because when I Adopted my cat Deva (when i first started to foster her) ... I got her from a battered shelter, she was full of cigarette burns, hairloss, ear mites, and i think she had corona virus, she was barely 2 pounds at the time.

It must have been horrible what she went through, and the first few weeks she would hide from us! but now she loves us to death.. she's now overweight and happy! lol and now going on a diet!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Oh good! I am so happy that she is doing better! Keep us posted on her progress!