Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

We have the same problem at work. At the moment we don't have any employees that are not white females. Our dogs, especially the pups, have gotton the idea that people look, and speak a certain way and many become frightened when the meet large men or African Americans.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
and Fozzie B!

Has she ever met any other native americans? If not, how do you know it was because of the fact that she is? It could very well just be her scent, or her voice, or a number of things... not her skin color. Remember that dogs *are* color-blind, so skin color isn't going to be as noticable as scent is.

My BC isn't racist at all. He dislikes random people of any race equally mostly based on their voices & how they move. He typically likes my friends that are funny, laid back & friendly people and that pay attention to him... he loves all of black friends. He really despises my friend Christine, she is half Mexican, but the reason he doesn't like her (at least I think) is because she's kind of awkward & jumpy and has a whiney voice.

Fozzie just loves everyone I'm sure he will start to show his preferences in a couple months, though.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie