Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
treehugging clicker freak

That's just great!

Have you ever seen an adult puggle ?? There was about 3 at the pound, and honestly they aren't very cute once they mature

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Felurian

Maybe we could talk CBS into doing a piece on dogs in shelters . . . and then another on RESPONSIBLE breeders . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

I saw this when it first aired.......disgusted me that the kennel owner had so many mixed breeds and his prices were horrible !!!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

OMG guess wat i just found!!!

the american hybrid club has a forum mwahahahaha

Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

look wat some complete idiot posted on tht forum!

I'm want to create a new breed with my two dogs. The male is a toy poodle and the female is a bullmastiff. The goal is to produce a mastadoodle - a big, protective, intelligent breed that won't shed. It'll be perfect.

Here's my problem - the poodle's too small to get up there and bang the bullmastiff bitch.

Anyone have advice on how to assist a smaller dog on slipping it in?

Will a step ladder work?

Would it help if I used a clicker?

This forum is ****ing awesome.

Here's my new breed website - www.mastadoodle.com

Old 08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
LabBreeder

All I've got to say is that I emailed CBS. IF they actually read their emails they will get an ear full, that's a promise. I despise designer dogs and their breeders. I don't mind mutts... but when you give them a cutesy name and ask someone to pay an arm and a leg for something that you could find at the animal shelter or humane society...it's so stupid. I'm gonna stop now before I say something that really ticks off someone that "loves" designer dogs or a "breeder" comes on here and smarts off. If anyone has anything to say, PM me.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:41 PM
What you lookin at?

I don't understand about mixing some dogs (i.e.Mastiff-toy poodle), but why is it such a big deal if they are testing ect.. just like the PUREBREEDS?
If you are getting a purebreed for working,showing etc.. than i understand, but what about the purebreed in the shelters if its just for pet quality?
There are quite a few mixed(designer don't quite like that name)breeds that have been around for year(i.e.cockapoos ect...)!
I have 2 mixed breeds bought them at a petstore actually my job, they are healthy and no major health issues not that thats at issue here!
Sorry if you don't understand my views but they are mine!
This is my opinion and you have yours!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveofanimals
I don't understand about mixing some dogs (i.e.Mastiff-toy poodle), but why is it such a big deal if they are testing ect.. just like the PUREBREEDS?
Do you know of any designer dog breeders that offer health guarantees? If so, please post a website!

In all my Internet searching, I have yet to find a single designer dog breeder that health tests their breeding dogs for genetic disorders, offers guarantees on puppy health, and is willing to take responsibility for their puppies for the lifetime of the dog.

Also, I haven't seen a designer dog breeder that does extensive screening of buyers. It seems like if you have the money, you get the puppy. That's nothing but a moneymaking operation. The ethical breeding of dogs is NOT done to make money.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
but why is it such a big deal if they are testing
omg one of the stupidest questions ever asked on this forum

oh right i forgot all pet owners love to have dogs with hip dysplasia tht can barely walk, and need operations tht cost thousands,

Old 08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
LabBreeder

I also sent the American Canine Hybrid Club's forum some very anti designer dog/hybrid messages. Most of their forums now have this message as the last one posted (seeing as how not many people visit there regularly).