Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Island dweller

Hmmm. At least I'm not the only one. Maverick's has a greenish hue though....

I've decided that I'll take them both in and get vaccinations... (they're due) and have them look at the tongue at the same time. Kill two birds ... pay one visit fee. Vets are outrageous!

Now which of the two vets should I see...
Old 03-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Saje, Hammie's black spot started as something very small....the size of a mole on his tongue at around 8 mos. old. Next thing I knew...it was growing!! I was also soooooo worried about something awful, like a cancer..so I posted a pic (not a good one cause he kept turning his head) but it's in my gallery so take a look and see if it's similiar. I couldn't understand why the vet didn't say anything about it, but turns out that black spots are normal for any dog predominantly black in color. Also common in GSDs (Hammie is mostly black, too) He now has 2 black spots.......they still annoy me cause they just look awful! It isn't even abnormal for some dogs to have a black tongue....YIKES. Since you are taking Maverick for a check-up anyway...you'll feel better having it checked.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Island dweller

Thanks Debi. That makes me feel better that they get spots like that. I will ask when I bring them in but I'm a little less worried.