Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-19-2005, 09:45 PM
boxers-r-us

Question Anyone tried new Iams Savory Sauce

ANyone out there tried the new Iams savory sauce. I have my babies on a pretty routine feeding schedule. I feed them out of the same large pan - I've tried feeding them seperate but they end up eating from the same bowl anyway so I got one of those huge puppy feeding pans. I fill it w/4 cups of kibble & half a can of food apx 7:00 every morning and again at apx 5:00 every evening. Occasionally late at night they act as if they want a little more & if they've already finished off what was in their pan & regular treats (they know them as "cookies". You don't say the word cookie in my house with out them going CRAZY lol) don't satisfiy them then I will pour 1 more cup of kibble in their pan. I thought that sauce would be great to pour over it when I gave them that "late-night-snack". Well it makes them sick!! Really really sick. Apx 4-5 min after they eat one of them throws up (usually on my new carpet). It took me a few times to put 2&2 together but that's what it has to be. Naturally I've stopped using it but it makes me wonder if anyone else has that problem or if maybe they are alergic to it or something. I'm sure it's not just sensitive stomachs cause my mom has a BAD habit of slipping them table food when they come over for supper (which is usually a pretty big no-no in my house-the table food, not my parents coming over for supper lol) and that has never made them sick. Anyway, I was just wondering...anyone else have that problem??
Old 03-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Felurian

I wouldn't TOUCH anything made by Iams/Eukanuba. Not only are their products very low quality (and they misrepresent them so terribly to dog owners), they have a terrible record of mistreating their lab animals. Not a single penny will I put in their pockets. It doesn't surprise me at all that the stuff made your dogs - or any dogs - ill.

I'd encourage you to send a nasty letter to the company along with a copy of your store receipt and tell them you want your money back - not coupons for more of their lousy products.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-19-2005, 10:33 PM
boxers-r-us

Pretty good idea - threw the receipt away though. Doesn't suprise me that it made them sick eithther now. Poor babies - I wish I knew that before.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Island dweller

I guess I'll post the link again even though it's been posted before and it's not pleasant.

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

I believe that most companies do those kinds of 'invasive' tests on animals unless they specifically say they don't (Innova and Eagle Pack say they don't - I haven't looked into others).

Mordy: (if you catch this thread)
I was wondering if you had ever considered adding to your site the brands that do and do not test on animals and the type of testing that they do. I emailed Innova (nutrapet) and asked them about their testing. They were more than happy to send me lots of documentation. And I think after the whole Iams scandal more people care about that and are concerned. Or should be (IMHO).
Old 03-21-2005, 06:17 PM
no touchy

I hate IAMS. They've got a bunch of junk in my opinion. I read on another board that sauce stinks, too, lol.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Rusty but Trusty

My uncle fed that stuff to his dog too once or twice and he got sick. His dog has a really sensitive stomach so it might have just been his stomach acting up. He basically did the same thing he threw up a few times after eating that stuff.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:04 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor says yuck..but he says that about everything..Mary said yuck too..and she loves all food. that is their opinion. IT is still sitting in the cabinet 3/4 full
i am afraid i was a nutrition eejit..but i am learning. Now if i would just learn about myself i might feel better too!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Active Pup

What a peice of junk. I haven't ever tried IAMS products and now that i know, i will never.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Not crazy...

IAMS is high quality food actually, some of the best out there, theres no mistaking that, but they do test there products on animals the old fashioned way. All 4 of my dogs eat it, and its good food. I dont really have a problem with how they test their food and stuff. I hate animal abuse and all, but my dogs like IAMS, its good quality food, and me emailing IAMS isnt going to change anything, no matter how much you think your opinion counts. It a large company that just wants to make money, no matter what the cost. Ok, im off my soap box. This is just my opinion on their food, so you dont need to correct me or argue if you feel diffrentally, I already respect and hear your opinions as well.

Anything I add to my dogs regular food makes their stomach upset, but thats because their systems are so used to their regular food. But especially in puppies, I think adding anything new to their diet can make them sick to their stomach. I dont think its the sause specifically, as in if you added that gravy stuff to their food from another brand, it would do the same.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Island dweller

Iams is not a good product. It is full of by-products and fillers. The kind of 'meat' that goes into that is tumours and infected meat and anything not fit for human consumption. My bf worked for a slaughter house for a couple of weeks and was disgusted by what he had to cut off the animals and throw in the 'dog food bin'

If you look at this comparison you can see how it doesn't really compare to some quality products. http://www.naturapet.com/display.php...id4=&x=51&y=16

I could go on but I'll leave it at that for now.