Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Active Pup

Red face Just wanted to say sorry

hey everyone. I know this isnt the forum you are meant to post apologies, but this is where the fight was so i wanted evryone who read my post here to read this.
I posted that i love mutts and cant believe people hate them, and a couple of people snapped at me! So everyone im sorry if you guys felt i was telling you people off. My post was just that i cant believe people in general hate mutts. I understand, there is nothing worse than someone breeding mixed breeds and wanting to earn a profit on them.
Also with the healthy and smart part of my post, i wasnt meaning purebreds are dumb or dirty at all! I was just saying that in SOME cases pure breed dogs have more of a chance of illness because they can be a bit inbred over the past years. We are currently waiting on a puppy we will bring home in six weeks. We are getting a purebred pup as we have quite a few kids in the family (my cousins) and want to make sure we can get a good temperamental dog.
Please dont snap back at this post. I was just upset that nobody really understood me. I just wanted everybody to understand what i really meant and that i am truly sorry.
Ashlee
Old 08-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Rebel With Cause

I guess that I missed that post but I like mutts too. I don't advocate breeding them however but I like them. I don't advocate breeding purebreds either. There will always be those who think they need to breed their dogs regardless if it is pure or mutt so the shelters will remain full.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Top Dog

I must have missed that topic also.
But i am sure everyone who took part in it shall accept your apology
I love mutts, but again i don't believe in breeding them.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:13 AM

goodness, but little 'mutts' are the BEST. I missed the posts mentioned too. then again, I think all dogs are awesome. still also don't believe in purposely breeding 'mutts', tho. there are enough in the world already that just need a loving family.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Dog Show Addict

I missed your post as well.. but have to say that yes mutts can be great, and yes mutts can be horrible as well.

I've never owned a mutt before - mainly b/c my family and I are heavily into showing dogs.

My Mom on the other hand shows a mutt in Agility and has gotten her up to Masters level. She is a BC/Whippet/GSD... yeah figure that one out! lol She was rescued from the pound.

I think mutts are great FROM THE POUND. In pet stores - NO, from a "breeder"(if you could call someone that)- NO!

Purebreds only get "inbred" if they are from a bad breeder. Not sure where you figured that one out.. but inbreeding doesn't happen with a good breeder and you should know that.

I hope you did your research on the breeder you are going to purchase your new dog from.
What breed did you decide on?
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 08-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

" Ollie " is my first " mutt" .....bless his sweet heart.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Active Pup

We have been looking at Noonburra Kelpies. We were planning to get one from the breeder but we were looking on the internet and have come across a bunch of kelpie pups at the pound. We arent going to show, so we might end up with one from the pound. I'd rather save one than get a great dog who is pretty much guaranteed a home in show. Still not sure. Either dog will be the best thing for my family! I am doing my research all the time. It has become my obsession!
ashlee
Old 08-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Active Pup

sorry i just realised they arent Noonburra, they are Eurowneban kelpies. I have been looking at so many that i just got tongue tied.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Felurian

Ashlee, it takes a great heart to apologize like that - especially when you didn't purposely offend Thanks, and we are thrilled to have you here with us.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Active Pup

Thanks everybody for being so understanding! I really like everybody on this forum!!!!