Do your dogs stare??

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
I've never had a problem with this, but my husband gets totally freaked out when Andy stares at him while he's getting dressed in the morning. Being a herding dog, Andy tends to stare.... a lot lol :p . I guess if you aren't used to it, it can be a little freaky while you are standing there in the nude. Does anyone else get freaked out by the lack of privacy around dogs?

RD

Are you dead yet?
Always, always. Dakota usually keeps an eye on me without staring, but visitors have their every move watched. Usually it's not accompanied by The Crouch, but sometimes it is and that just freaks them out more.

Ripley is too important to stare at people. He expects them to stare at him.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Usually just in the mornings or when he wants something. It was a little freaky at first to wake up to a pair of eyes just glued to your every move, but now that I've gotten used to it, it's nice to wake up to.

Roxy's CD

I'm used to it. I used to shower with ROxy's little head watching me the whole time.

Hades greets me every morning in the bathroom...

The only time I find it odd is when we're... yano.. Than I get creeped out and send them away! ROFL :D

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Lucas will stare if I change, but the second I look at him he will look at the ground and "peek" at me or run and then come back and "peek" at me lol It is rather creepy :p

He also stares at me when we go to sleep. I'll lay down call him on the bed and he'll sit at the end of the bed and just stare at me :eek: It's really creepy to see him stare at you at night!

mine do...especially if i have somthing tasty lol...malakai has a weird habit of staring at you when your in the shower, he peeks his head under the shower curtain and STARES..lmao..

Fran27

Pervs... all of them, lol!

Boris did it once also, while I was doing things with my husband on the bed... Needless to say, we kicked him out of the room, lol. Disturbing :p

Gig 'Em Ags

JP Cattle Co.
When BBQ'g, grilling, and/or eating outside, having nine pairs of eyes staring at you with that, "Are going to let us starve" look can be somewhat, not so much annoying, but more appropriately, tempting, as I have the urge to give them ALL the food. I don't (sheer willpower) though, rather, I set aside a bit for each to enjoy during their meal time.........but it is TEMPTING to give in to them!!!

Last edited:

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Yes, T-Bone stares all the time. The cat does, too. Sometimes it freaks me out when I pull the shower curtain aside and they both sit next to each other in the door, staring at me. I just feel like saying "Ok, so I did eat a piece of pie...so what!"

Senna

I'v gotten used to it but at first rascal would stare at me for like 5 min. then look away and kept repeating wich made me worry what wrong.I figured he is just making sure nothing is happening to me.

Aside from when there is food involved, lol . . .

They will all stare at me to figure out if I'm leaving or not, especially Shiva. She gets a little extra mileage out of her stare by raising alternate eyebrows every few seconds. It gets a little extra concern in the stare ;)

Kharma, on the other hand, freaks EVERYONE out - especially Shiva - when she stares, because her stare is a prelude to stalking. It just totally freaks Shiva out when Kharma stalks her, lol!

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Rocky, I think, can out stare anyone. He stares like crazy. If I stop in my tracks he'll just stare until I move.. in which he case, he follows and either jumps up, nips, or both. And you can't beat him at staring... I've tried.

dojo

Junior likes to stare sometimes too. I am not that annoyed .. I think I kinda got used to this :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
yup..Bronki did, Victor does, mary on occasion. Victor does it alot, as if he was trying to read your mind, he also looks you directly in the eye when he does it.

My Cavaliers always stare at me, either for attention or me to say a word they know they know, whos that,walkies, go and loads others they r crazy

L

LabBreeder

Our 2 will look at us with their heads cocked to one side. I'll ask them, "What's wrong?" and sometimes they'll come over and lay on my lap or just want to be petted. (I say they because both of them do it, just not at the same time.)
When Tira has an upset stomach and needs to go potty (really badly) she'll jump in your lap, then get down, jump in your lap, and get down again. Then she'll walk around the chair and look at the door, then back to your lap. If you know she's sick it doesn't take so long to understand. The other day I had laid on the couch (on my stomach) and she jumped up and laid on my back, twice. I knew her stomach was upset cause she'd already squirted once. I said, "wanna go potty?" and she just about tore holes in the carpet running to the door! :eek: We made it outside and to the corner of the building before she exploded. LOL So yeah, they stare and do other weird things sometimes. Usually for a reason though.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Fran27 said:
Pervs... all of them, lol!

Boris did it once also, while I was doing things with my husband on the bed... Needless to say, we kicked him out of the room, lol. Disturbing :p
Yep. My boys have issues with it, the girls don't. Personally, I don't need an audience of ANY kind! :rolleyes:

And with Collies, yes, there is a lot of staring! :eek:

Members online