Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default wierd lump on puppy's foot

I got my puppy almost 2 weeks ago. I noticed that he has a small bump on the side of his front foot. It looks almost like a pimple, except a little bigger. I told the vet and he said it's probably nothing to worry about. He said it was a nodule. What is a nodule does anybody know? Are certain breeds more prone to getting them then others (he's a pit/american bulldog mix). Will this effect him in anyway either now or when he's old? I don't know what it is and I am just sort of curious.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Big Dog

If you are really worried about it Take him to show your vet, its really hard for a vet to make a diagnosis without seeing what we are dealing with, nOt sure what he meant by nodule. Does the pup chew it or be bothered by it?
Old 03-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Show Dog

A Nodule is mass/lump that is either cancerous or non-cancerous.. you might want to go to the vet, just to be safe.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Big Dog

frodo had that and when i took him to the vet they squezzed it and this black liquid came out. It was disgusting and he had to wear the elizabethan collar for a week.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I already showed the vet when he went in to get his final round of puppy shots. The vet said to have one person check it daily and the other to check it weekly and see if they notice any differences. I just noticed a difference the past few days it has gotten a little larger and now it is bright red. It actually looks like it is filled with blood. I will definetely call his vet tomorrow and schedule an appointment. He doesn't have any lumps anywhere else just the one on his foot. I'm just worried that it is cancerous !
Old 03-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Big Dog

frodo use to have it in his foot and one on his knee and one on his temple. Yeah i think its blood coming out when the vet squeezed it. It was somethign i dun wanna go through again.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I called Mack's vet but he can't get him in until Wednesday (OF NEXT WEEK)! I'm so scared it's cancerous, I would be crushed! I have my fingers crossed it's not though.