Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Active Pup

Default Does anyone own a POM Shi? pom/shiba inu mix

I never heard of this mix before, but I am currently looking for a shiba inu puppy, and I found a breeder that breeds pom shis. I'm wondering from people that own pom shis what they are like?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Yorkie Love

Be wary of breeders who purposely mix dogs.

Elissa
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

Watch out some people may bash your for wanting a designer dog. But most people are pretty nice about it. You can't really know what it will look like or act like since it is a mix. It could take after either breed or be a complete mix. It sounds weird since poms are so small and shibas are larger. Are you sure this is a responsible breeder and not a backyard breeder. Does she have a purpose for breeding these dogs?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Active Pup

I dont think she's a backyard breeder, because I talked to some people that purchased her puppies before and they were all good. but then again they were purebreds, she breeds like 4 different breeds, and I think she just started to breed this Pom shi.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Oh my...

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Pom shis are only bred by BYB's i would definetly shy away from her!

if you contact some shiba clubs in your area and they could point you in the direction of some responsible breeders!

theres some shibas owners on here too!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Puppy Dog

plz don't get a shiba mix......shiba's are a great breed and dont need to be mixed with anything if you are going to get a breed get a pure breed(and for all you ppl that are goin to say to me not all breed's are not pure blah blah blah i dont want to hear it, i know )

i own akita's witch are big shiba or you could say shiba are little akita's LOL and they are a great breed...i know there is lady on here that own's shiba's i sure she will tell you all about the shiba....

but plz don't get a mix

http://www.akitarescue.org.uk.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Yorkie Love

Most breeders who breed more then 1 or 2 breeds are BYB's.

Please keep looking.

Elissa
Old 08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Kairi,

Unfortunately, the breeder you are going to is not responsible. They sound at the very least like a backyard breeder. Because of the "multiple breeds" and the fact that they are mixing - they sound to me like they might even be a puppymill.

Read the Pomeranian Club of America's Code of Ethics: http://www.americanpomeranianclub.org/pdffiles/Code.pdf
It specifically states that members "will not crossbreed or advertise for sale puppies that have been crossbred."

Responsible breeders don't breed multiple breeds as pets just to sell, and they certainly don't mix pet breeds. Please find a more responsible breeder. If you would like some links on responsible breeders, just let me know. If you have a specific purebred in mind I can also give you national parent club breeder referral lists.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM
LabBreeder

Anyone that breeds mixes isn't a responsible breeder, just a byb. There is no way to know what you'll get with a mixed breed. Why not go to a shelter and find a mix you like instead of buying one from a byb and funding her "mixing for no reason but profit" home?