Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Is this the best choice?

I have a middle sized house with quite small rooms and the only possible place for a dog to sleep would be in the hallway(it's nice, large, warm and cosy. Can you suggested what breed Will fit in my house and be cosy.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I live in a tiny house..the size of most people's garage...i have a labrador, and a hyper pointer too. The size of dog, depends on how much of you you have to give. I take Victor for lots of walks so our house size is a moot point..I personally do not like to deal with hair (my vet laughed at me and said isn't it a wonder how many groomers have short haired dogs) (i only groomed for one year and that was ENOUGH OF THAT) anyway i think you should study what your energy level is. I told my Diva daughter that i thought the only dog for her would be a clumber spaniel, or a very very very old dog. What kind of dog sings to your heart? And have you checked PETSAVER.COM?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Big Mutts

We live in a single wide trailer but we also have a big mutt, Carey prob. weighs close to hundred lbs. But she sleeps in our room on a homemade bed. Like smkie says it all depends on how much you can give. We live in the country so we let Carey out a lot during the day (I stay at home with Maggie)She chases squirrels and birds, and she loves to play fetch. I know a lot of folks can't believe I have Carey inside they figure she is an outside dog, but then the're just not one of the family.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Felurian

This is a tiny little farm house - I mean tiny - and cluttered. In this house are two Fila Brasileiros and a "little" German Shepherd/wolf mix.

Some days the house is smaller than others.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-18-2005, 08:41 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Love grows best in little houses?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Felurian

I don't know, Smkie. I miss being in my much bigger, infinitely more comfortable house. Sometimes I think love can get stretched pretty thin in close quarters.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-18-2005, 08:48 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I thought 700 sq ft was small but this place beats all..i took a pic yesterday to do a before and after on the garden..when i get it processed i will post..the only place i have to put frames and extra paper is behind and under the sofa..i had to get rid of 75 percent of my closet (which wasn't such a bad thing) taking my dresses to my Mom's. The good thing is my heat bill highest was only 150 dollars this winter and i like to be warm. I look at those huge houses they are building and think granted i would like at least one or two more room, but i would never want the responsibitly of all that.especially heating those vaulted ceilings! Aaron really misses his basement..so do i when this living room fills up with big boys..you can almost feel the oxygen decrease!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Felurian

My old Victorian stays toasty in the winter. Gas furnace - wonderful invention! It doesn't cost much to heat, either. It's cool in the summer - big trees all around and I put in one of those whole-house fans to pull the cool air through. Ten foot ceilings, big rooms, lots of room for artwork on the walls, nice big, soft, comfy furniture. You'd laugh at me; I've got my big king-size bed piled up with two feather beds, a down comforter, and at least a dozen big pillows. Remember the story of the princess and the pea? That's me! Bimmer and Gomez and I used to pile up in the bed and watch cartoons on Saturday mornings . . .

I've got to at least start working there during the day when I'm not out in some courthouse somewhere. I'm going nuts being cooped up.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-18-2005, 09:11 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Sounds WONDERFUL..i had a feather mattress before the fire, we did save it, but it was to smokey after that to use and got passed down to a dog bed..much to Victor's delight when he first came home. I miss it..we all need to be princesses at the end of our hard serf days!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:54 AM
Puppy Dog

Thanks for the replies, I really really want a labrador but my mom will not let me. She said I can have on when I leave home. I am not even allowed a guinea pig. Only a hamster and fish. I would want a jack Russell terrier though. They are quite a small breed and need a long walk or a few don't they? We have a large garden. I don't want my dog to live outside. Would anything harm he/she?

More suggestions. xxx