Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Taken in its full context, it should make more sense. As I've said in other posts that you may not have read, I started out in a much more corrective way. I brought it up because the "GSDLover" is always talking about how she uses corrections and it makes it sound like she depends on those corrections for training. When you depend on corrections in training, you DO compromise the relationship you have with your dog - but you don't know it at the time.
LOL, Always putting words in my mouth. Who said my training is correction based? I dont believe I said that. You interprete posts the way you WANT to see them, not how they are. I USE corrections, yes. But that is not the basis of my training. You really need to sit back and READ before ASSUMING, because we all know what happens when you do that.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatszmatter
well you would be wrong in the truest sense of the word concerning me, i can't speak for everyone. The reason I defend adamantly, I can see the difference, I know its importance. I can see a motivational only, a compulsion only, and one trained using motivation and correction when needed, and I'll take the later as a whole to be a better trained more reliable and have amazing bonds with their handlers. I"ve read the same books as everyone else, plus some I think, i've worked with many different trainers, but the attitude towards anyone using a correction is they're barbaric and undeducated. it has nothing to do with the amount of corrections I give or why I give them that I defend them. Its when I see the posts that say you can't do it, cause it ruins, blah, blah, blah, it does ruffle me as well.
I agree!!!