Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 03-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Active Pup

Do you find it's significantly more work to have two than one? Everything I've read says to spend time with each individually. Does this mean 2 separate walks - or can we walk together in the morning and then have separate time in the evenings?

Thanks so much!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Felurian

By all means, walk together in the morning and have some separate times later in the day. That sounds like a great way to do it.

Truthfully, except for some of the times when I have two giant puppies wrestling all over the teeny tiny living room, or both clamoring for my attention (translation - climbing all over me) two dogs are easier than one. Of course, having Bimmer makes having a third dog great, since he's the one who makes everyone mind!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Active Pup

Hi all!!

We adopted a 9 month old Doberbabie Easter weekend... His name is Tux and he's wonderful!! Wes (my lab-x) and him play SO well together!!

We started obedience last Wednesday and he was wonderful! Thanks again for all your help!
Old 10-28-2006, 02:01 PM
DOBE MAD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
As someone who owns a rescued Doberman, I will say he is a piece of work. Generally Dobes are very willing to please their owners, but they can be stubborn, and he is just that. I'm not sure I've heard of anyone ever having luck stopping a Dobe from pulling on a walk without using the heal command. They just have places to go and people to, err... scare off! My crazy boy actually felt the need to try and attack a car last week. Aaahh, RMS, if only I had gotten his brain in the mail as promised.
Having 3 Rescue Dobes myself, I so agree with your outlook. Although constantly changing pace on walks (with comands, walk, faster, stop etc) did get them to walk correctly, with or without a lead (leash).