Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-18-2005, 04:46 AM
Puppy Dog

Question Is She Pregnant???!!!

Hi everyone. My doggie Amy had her periods and they were over about a week ago. During that time her nipples and private parts got swallen and just generally much bigger. Now the periods are over, but the nipples are still MUCH MUCH bigger then they were before... COULD SHE BE PREGNANT?! I mean, I never leave her alone anywhere... only one time she spend like 10 minutes in the yard without me looking... COULD SHE BE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:05 AM

If you were with her all the time, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Top Dog

You should really spay her though.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Felurian

If you were with her, it's unlikely that she is. Those secondary sexual characteristics will often become more obvious after the first or second estrus. Buffy, our first Fila, actually went through a false pregnancy a couple of times, and Kharma did the same thing after her first estrus. Talk about making you crazy with worry!

Unless you are a serious breeder and are going to go through all of the testing and other things that go with the territory, it's definitely time to have her spayed. Better for her, health wise, and for you, worry wise!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-18-2005, 11:39 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Mary's "false" preganancy began kicking and we knew it wasn't..she wasn't even fully 6 months old yet. Never saw her mate, never even saw one drop of blood. If you are not planning on breeding her i would get her spay as quickly as possible...the genitals do swell very much...i had a friend watch the site one litter the other nite..i hope they got they point..i finally found it. Puppies are a huge amount of work and expense. I was fortunate that mine were hunting dogs, and i was experienced enough to know how to give them their shots and was able to place all in good homes. I would have absolutly died inside if i hadn't been able to. Here is the site that Gustav posted.
http://justonelitter.com/litter.html for her sake, and the unborn as well.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Puppy Dog

Red face many thanks

Thanks to everyone for their answers. I will spay her as soon as my family will be done with the "new apartment moving" process You know how time consuming that is!!!!!!