Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-28-2006, 03:49 PM
:( only one :(

Question FarMore Raw Dog Food

I bought one tube of the beef FarMore raw food the other day out of curiosity. I've been thinking of getting my dogs on a feeding schedule instead of free feeding due to Tilly's weight, she's a couple pounds heavier then the vet would like. Free feeding went very well with my other 2 dogs who have maintain a healthy weight but Tilly seems to eat more then she should. I can't free feed the Evo, which is what they are on now, because Kassie has a difficult time chewing that much hard kibble food in a short time spurt.

SO, I was thinking of getting them on a prepared raw diet, I'm not comfortable in preparing a raw diet myself. They tried it this morning and WOW! they scuffed it down like they haven't eaten in a week.

How good is FarMore? Am I better off keeping them on Evo or even maybe giving them Evo cans? This is their website;

www.farmoredogfood.com
Old 07-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Quigleyfied

Farmore makes good stuff. Personally I'm always in favor of feeding fresh food rather than anything that has been processed.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Rusty but Trusty

It looks good to me (but then agian I'm not the expert). Hannah might like some of that stuff but I'm not ordering it online! That's expensive. I'll have to see if I can con Mark into taking me to the petstore this weekend to see if they have anything similar I know they have raw bones but don't know if they have any prepared raw meals.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
and Fozzie B!

I feed Farmore when I'm too lazy to prepare whole meals =P I really like it! My work sells that & Primal, and both are of very similar quality, even though Primal is quite a bit more expensive. Farmore is one of the best priced high quality pre-made diets, IMO. I really like that they have buffalo, and my dogs love it! I feed their chunks partially frozen, so that they don't swallow it in one bite. It also encourages chewing & scraping the teeth, which is good.

If you still do not feel comfortable feeding whole meals, you can still give them a RMB meal here and there without much work at all, and it'll add the benefits of teeth cleaning!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie