Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Sounds like my house. Outside is potty time and that takes about 5 minutes, then everyone wants in. Of course, it's so freakin' hot here, can you blame them?

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 07-26-2006, 10:56 PM
:( only one :(

I don't leave my dogs outside unsupervised, even if our yard is fenced in. I don't only worry about other animals capable of jumping over the fence (most is 6 feet tall but one section is 4 feet) but we have birds of prey that would probably think my 3 pound and 6 pound dog as a tasty treat.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Golden Love

Occasionally, for 10 minutes tops. I'm always home though, just not watching

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
-Lewis Grizzard

Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

Nope, can't, Roxy doesn't like being left outside, so she jumps the fence and will come to the front door and bark and scratch to be let in
Old 07-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

If I'm home, they stay out by themselves occasionally for 10-15mins. max. They prefer the company of people and actually don't enjiy sitting outside by themselves, or anywhere alone for that matter. When I leave the house, I never leave them outside. IMO there are too many risks to that. They're all crated when nobody is home.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Evil Kitty taco eater

I have several dogs who live in and outside. I rotate so they all get the attention they need.
Nothing wrong with having a outside dog as long as its not left there and forgotten

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:10 AM
orange iguanas.

Lucy won't even go outside by herself to pee so she's never outside alone...there are times where she just wants to lay in the sun, but it's been so hot and humid here lately that I get uncomfortable just sitting there waiting for her to go potty, so as soon as she's done, we come inside.

We let Molly out whenever she wants out. Usually she goes potty and then wants to come back in. But in the summer when we have the a/c on, she gets cold so she'll go outside and lay on the deck, and depending on how hot it is she's sometimes out there for close to an hour. When she gets hot, she comes back in.

I would never let them outside and leave though. If they want to go outside, I'll let them out and go back to whatever it is I was doing. But when I see that they want in, I let them in, whether they've been out there for 5 minutes or 30 minutes.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf7
I have several dogs who live in and outside. I rotate so they all get the attention they need.
Nothing wrong with having a outside dog as long as its not left there and forgotten
Thats how Chloe is now....inside and outside...
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Are you dead yet?

Here at the yacht club we're staying at, Dakota is encouraged to run free. We leave him outside during the day (I'm outside 95% of the time, anyway) to keep the geese off the beach. When he needs a break or is done working (when the geese fly away and give up) he comes inside. It's really cool, everybody here knows who he is and he has something to do all the time. The entire place is lush green grass and completely fenced in, so he's fine running around.

Rip is never, ever left outside.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Puppy Dog

My yard is fully fenced. We used to leave the dogs out for the day if we went somewhere and it was nice out. Ever since Brandy got out a month 1/2 ago and got hit by a car and was killed, we leave our dogs inside now if we go somewhere.

We will leave them out for 10-30 min tho.