Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Question Do you ever leave your dog outside?

Just wondering for those people with a fully fenced in yard if you ever leave ou dog in the yard for short periods of time? (like anywhere from 10-30 minutes)
Old 07-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Twin 2.0

I did when I still wasn't sure if I could trust Sawyer loose in the house, but he'd already proven to me that he could break out of his crate. With Aubrey out there with him, plenty of shade and water, he just hung out until I got back. I don't anymore though. It's too hot for one, and he's fine by himself indoors now.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Nope. Buddy is an inside dog, he goes outside if he wants to and is never left out there intentionally.

edited to add: we have a doggie door so he has complete access to the house and yard at any time... however, he is never left outside.

Last edited by Buddy'sParents; 07-26-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
overdogged

nope. i have a six foot wooden privacy fence with a locked gate that can't be opened from the outside, and i still don't leave them out alone.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

If I'm not home the dogs are in the house.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Sure !!! Mine have always gone out and welcomed back in when they ask. Could be anywhere from 5 minutes to whenever, It's their house, their yard . I'm only door openner.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Dog Show Addict

Our dogs are outside by themselves for a bit. Now that each neighbour knows of Riots allergy I can trust them being outside. I always check our back gates just to double check they are locked and such before I leave them out. Riot LOVES to be outside. I'll leave him out there for about 15min-30min with checking in on him every 5 min etc.
He loves running around, playing with his toys, playing with his agility equipment by himself lol
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 07-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Ninja Dog

We leave Bear outside at times. She lets us know when she wants to go out, and come back in. Our yard is fenced. It's not a tall fence, but Bear's not one to jump lol. However, she's sneaky and will exit if our lawn guy accidently leaves the gate open. That happened once or twice. Our neighbour found her while walking his own dogs and brought her back, thank goodness. We check the gate now when the lawn guy leaves.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Top Dog

Ah okay, because I'm getting a new house with a fully fenced in yard. Charlie is an outdoor dog, but I was considering a doggie door, or leaving him outside sometimes to go the store down the street or something, no big deal (he started pooping in the house sometimes and rather than leaving him inside where the accident might happen leaving him outside for 10 minutes or so while I go to the store and then come back and bring him back inside)

I would never want to tie him outside a store either, so I thought this was a better way.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Top Dog

they are only out for potty breaks, and play time...during the day they are never out for more than 10 min, they do their buisness and want back in, its way too hot! Lately ive been letting them out at around 1am to play for an hour, its way too hot during the day, so they prefer to play in the dead of the night when its much cooler