Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Maddie will try just about anything. She likes raspberries (she picks her own, and I have to tell her to save some for me!) and watermelon the best, I guess.
Charlie pretty much eats anything I hand him. Even if it isn't edible lol
Missy is wary, but is starting to try stuff. She has, however, taught Maddie that crab apples are very fun to play with. They toss them around like a ball, and chew on them a little. To my surprise neither inhale the whole thing, but they chew just about everything but the core.

Are crab apples okay? They find them on walks. Missy litterally snaps them off of low hanging branches (I don't let them pick any off the ground unless I check them over)

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Collie Crazy

Lizzie hates all fruits and veggies, so hers have to be pureed. I usually take a bit of baby food and mix it in with her kibble, so she gets sweet potatoe, green peas, squash, spinach (ugh)
Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Puppy Dog

Tibbetts will eat any veggie (I train with carrotts because he likes them so much). He likes raw and cooked potato and sweet potato.

When I am cooking veggies I usually make a few extra and put them in his bowl. He doesn't know about it until later because his bowl is in the kitchen and he isn't allowed in there when I am cooking (I've stepped on him too many times). It's funny when he finds them later. He always gives me kisses when he finishes.

I can also get him to eat lettuce (no real nutritional value) and sometimes he will eat raw spinach.

We don't buy any pet store doggie treats. He gets his chow and veggies/fruits. He's older so we do this to maintain a healthy weight.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
LabBreeder

Tira and Gunner will eat almost anything you give them. Gunner won't eat lettuce, but Tira will. Both enjoy peanut butter covered cucumber slices, green beans, corn (even though they don't chew and it comes out whole), mashed/whole potatoes and peas (at least Tira likes them, Gunner hasn't had any yet.)
Old 08-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Twin 2.0

Sawyer loves apples and bananas and will not leave you alone if you are eating either of them. He also will gnaw on carrots and peas. Before I knew that grapes and raisins were toxic, I would give him one or two of the green ones and he loved those. He was so sad when I found out better.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Madilyn's Mom

I've yet to discover what Madilyn won't eat! Though we try to avoid giving her too much of anything that we eat----we just can't resist that lil' face sometimes! She likes carrots, peas, lettuce, watermelon, tofu, apples, asparagus, broccoli...basically, anything she sees us eat, she will also eat