Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-26-2006, 02:07 AM
LabBreeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo
Wow, labbreeder, $20 is super inexpensive for 2 large dogs! I thought I was a bargain-hunter !

I have the same problem as DanL... a lot of what I buy is one type of meat or cut (such as just chicken quarters, just lamb cuts) in 10-20 lbs, so each will last way over a month because I mix up their Raw meats so much. I spend around $30 per month to feed both dogs, I'm guessing... that includes supplements. I also buy a medium bag of California Natural, which only costs $10 for me (discount! what what), and lasts about 2 months because I feed it as 25% of Fozzie's intake. Gonzo almost never eats kibble.
LOL You also gotta remember that Tira is eating less to help loose weight and Gunner wasn't eating as much as a big dog yet. He's starting to though! I can imagine the price will go up but I also get a couple bucks off with coupons that get mailed out after going to the website and stuff. I could be off...I might actually be spending $40 in food and thinking that one bag is lasting a month when it's actually 2 bags.

Man, you've got me thinking. In the past month and a half we've gone through 2 22 lb bags and are working our way through a 50 lb bag. Maybe it is does cost more than I originally thought and I'm supressing the cost
Old 07-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Well I give my boy a mixture of Innova evo and Natural balance kibble. I pay about $7 for a 5 lb bag of NB and about $24 for a 13.5 size bag of Innova. I also just put him on Nupro supplements with glucosamine/chronditin for joints which cost about $35 every six weeks and I spend about $10 dollars every two weeks on raw meaty bones and freeze them
Old 07-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Top Dog

I pay $7 for a 5lb bag of Canidae...per month.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_ACD_for_me
Well I give my boy a mixture of Innova evo and Natural balance kibble. I pay about $7 for a 5 lb bag of NB and about $24 for a 13.5 size bag of Innova. I also just put him on Nupro supplements with glucosamine/chronditin for joints which cost about $35 every six weeks and I spend about $10 dollars every two weeks on raw meaty bones and freeze them
Why are you giving glucosamine? Is this an older dog? If you really have to give this, use regular human varieties you can get in the drugstore, much cheaper.