Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Big Dog

Thanks for replying! So would you ever own a Bedlie again just out of curiosity? I am hoping this is the right choice for me, and I have already made contact with two breeders in my state so that is exciting.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

Actually, probably not. For a couple of reasons.

- I don't think I'll ever buy a dog again. I've become one of those annoying rescue people who used to drive me insane. Finding a Bedlington to adopt wouldn't be easy.

- Grooming! I don't have the nerve to learn to clip myself, and I didn't like having to take him to the groomers all the time. I will probably never own a dog that needs professional grooming again.

- My life. Medley was an amazing fit for my life when I had him. Now, I don't think it would work. I manage a horse farm, and my dog comes to work with me. She's off leash all day around horses, dogs, cats, and a variety of people coming and going. My biggest concern with Medley would have been that he wouldn't have hung around the barn all day like Meg - he'd be out chasing the muskrats, squirrels, mice (actually, that would be nice!), etc. That terrier independence would be hard to deal with in my current life.

I adored Medley, and I think the breed is a great fit for a lot of people. It just isn't right for me, right now. If my life changed a bit, and I could find an older one to adopt, I might consider it.

Keep me updated if you get a puppy! I'd love to hear how it's going.