Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents
Good Hondo!!! *gives treat*
Move your hand quickly or he'll take that too, lol. He LOVES food so much, and is not so gentle about it.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:57 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

ooooookay... *gives GSD treat to give to Hondo* LOL...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I think dogs in restaurants, even outdoors is just not acceptable. Like Sparks said, neither do I want to have hair on my steak nor in my coffee.

Plus, I think it is rude to have to have your dog wherever you go...ever thought of some people being really heavily allergic to dogs? Imagine 15 people bringing their dogs into a restaurant...I'm sure some people would have to leave... Or some people are simply terrified.

I just think that dogs do not belong in places like that. T-Bone can go with me to the pet store or a walk into town, but I would never bring her into places where a bigger amount of strangers socialize...just out of respect for other people, not because she couldn't behave.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I think dogs in restaurants, even outdoors is just not acceptable. Like Sparks said, neither do I want to have hair on my steak nor in my coffee.

Plus, I think it is rude to have to have your dog wherever you go...ever thought of some people being really heavily allergic to dogs? Imagine 15 people bringing their dogs into a restaurant...I'm sure some people would have to leave... Or some people are simply terrified.

I just think that dogs do not belong in places like that. T-Bone can go with me to the pet store or a walk into town, but I would never bring her into places where a bigger amount of strangers socialize...just out of respect for other people, not because she couldn't behave.
So you dont believe in sevice dogs?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:43 AM
and Fozzie B!

I personally feel that a well-socialized, trained, groomed dog is fine in just about any public place. My dogs are 10x more well-behaved and quiet than a lot of kids I see in public! And just as clean as most children, if not cleaner. I know my little brother is waaaay more out-of-control and a disturbance to the peace of a restuarant, even compared to my 5 month-old puppy.

Downtown, there are a bunch of doggy-friendly cafe's, indoor & outdoor. They are awesome! I don't see anything wrong with bringing your dog to eat outdoors. As long as they *are* well-kept, they won't be barking, peeing or have hair flying into your food

One of my friend's does work at a really nice restaurant, and she encounters women carrying toy dogs in purses into the restaurant daily... and a lot of them are yappy. I do feel that is wrong, because the restaurant clearly is not dog-friendly, and being indoors in close proximity with other people *could* bother some one's allergies. My point is, MORE doggy cafe's should be available, to provide a dog-friendly setting for people. There are none in my town, and sometimes I want to meet some one to eat while I'm out with the dogs, but I really cannot (except for La Bou, which is an awesome cafe that allows dogs on the patio).

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I personally feel that a well-socialized, trained, groomed dog is fine in just about any public place. My dogs are 10x more well-behaved and quiet than a lot of kids I see in public! And just as clean as most children, if not cleaner.
ROFLMAO!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

A service dog is doing a job! That's different!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Are you dead yet?

LOL @ dogs behaving better than kids. I think a few kids I've encountered lately could have used a good leash pop! I've never met a kid that would sit down on the first command.

I agree with Ihartgonzo, I wish there were more dog-friendly restaurants! There are a few in Phoenix that I absolutely loved - indoors, too, so the dogs weren't kept out in the heat. In a perfect (to me..) world, there would be a "pets" section in restaurants just like there is a smoking section. LOL.

Sure its not necessary to bring your dog everywhere, but some people LIKE to have their buddies with them. I know my dogs would be fine at home but they so much prefer being with me, and I prefer to have them with me... So if they are allowed, why not?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:35 AM
orange iguanas.

My dogs really only get to go to the vet, lol.

Lucy goes to the pet store. Just because she doesn't really like being crated, so I'd rather not put her in it if she can come with. And, we're trying to get her used to car rides. Molly looooves car rides but doesn't really like other dogs, so she--usually--stays home.

I really wouldn't want to bring my dogs anywhere else. I mean, I've brought Lucy to my sister's house and my grandparents' house, but I wouldn't want to bring her to a restaurant or anything.

I know my dogs would rather be with me than home alone, but if I brought them to a restaurant, it's not like they're getting attention, anyway. They'd be stuck to just sit by my side, I think they'd be more comfortable staying home and being able to sleep in their beds, or wherever. And, even if my dogs are well behaved...it's just sometimes better to not have to worry about them, lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-26-2006, 09:02 AM
whatszmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I"m not big on the allergy thing. Dogs don't cause that many allergies, and if you're that allergic to dogs, you're probably not reacting well to a thousand other things that are in a restraunt, not to mention the pollens, industrial waste, car exhaust, etc that you encounter on the way to the restraunt.

I don't think a place should be forced to allow dogs, but if they want to, it should be there choice, just like smoking, that way, if you don't like dogs or smoke you don't have to go, and if you they don't allow smoking or dogs and you want to smoke or have fido along, find somewhere that does.