Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-25-2006, 03:33 PM
whatszmatter

I love that dogs are being allowed in more places, but not always happy with the people that bring their dogs there. But then again, just some people and people's kids i'd rather not have to be around either, but there isn't much I can do about that.

Personally, I think running to a hardware store and not having to leave the dog in the care is nice. Home Depot let's you in, I'm pretty sure its their policy, although some people tend to freak out.

I like walking in downtown cities and be able to stop in for a bite to eat with my dog. Granted I'd prefer to sit outside away from most people. I can't really see a place for dogs in movie theaters, but I can't really see a place for cell phones there either and haven't had a movie NOT be interupted by one in about 5 years.

I wouldn't take my dog shopping with me in a mall, but I'd like to be able to take her for a walk there, its great to see different sounds and people, awsome training opportunities. I guess what really gets me, is not being able to visit any city parks or trails around where I live, if anything those should be dog only not NO dogs allowed.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Home Depot let's you in, I'm pretty sure its their policy, although some people tend to freak out.
Yup. I've had Kharma in Lowes and Home Depot both.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Are you dead yet?

The Home Depot in my town is extremely dog-friendly... they have canisters of gourmet, organic doggie biscuits at checkout for their "canine shoppers". Several cashiers and a manager always recognize Ripley, Dakota and me the instant we walk in the door. It's cute, the boys get so excited that they're going to get their love and biscuits that they spaz out when we pass home depot.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Personally I think it is rude to bring your dogs to a restaurant or a movie theater. What if your dog gets restless during the movie? Or gets scared at a loud noise and goes to the bathroom? Or starts barking? That is just rude.

I think it is unsanitary for an animal to be in a restaurant. I don't know where other peoples dogs have been. Maybe it has fleas, or parasites. If outside on the patio the wind is going to blow and that fur could end up on my plate. Not my idea of a good dinner. I don't think dogs have any place around food. the waiters can't come out and vaccuum everytime someone brings a dog in. Also what if the dog suddenly decides it needs to go, that is not something I would like to experience while eating dinner.

I understand we all want to be with our pets but if you cannot step out to see a movie or go to dinner without bringing your pet then I suggest you stay home and cook something and rent a movie. Just because YOU love your dog doesn't mean EVERYONE has to.

Sure I would like to bring Teddy everywhere we go but I consider it rude.

Places like Home depot and stuff isn't too bad, the aisles are wide and spacious so your pet won't really be interfering with anyone.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

Who would ever take their dog to a movie or restaurant if it might bark or pee ???

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Who would ever take their dog to a movie or restaurant if it might bark or pee ???

Seriously!!!

When Buddy starts his training for Therapy Dog, he will go everywhere with us. If people don't like that, then that is their problem, not mine nor his, as we are trying to accomplish good by his training.

Now... would we take him to a movie? Probably not, there are not many training opportunities there... we can sit in the dark and watch a movie at home.

Hospitals are supposed to be sanitary and they allow therapy dogs... shame on them? No... dogs do good there.

If a dog is well trained, then I see no problem whatsoever with dogs being allowed anywhere and everywhere.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I think taking your dog to ANY resteraunt isn't right. It shouldn't be allowed unless the person has a disability and they need a service animal, IMO. That would create too much dog hair everywhere, even in outside resteraunts the dog hair floats around into food. I just don't think it should be allowed.

As for theaters, I just don't see how that would be fun for your dog. Plus there is a lot of foods there too so I don't see the point of it. Same for grocery stores.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Twin 2.0

I think as far as restaurants go, the outdoor cafes should lighten up a bit about their 'no dogs' policy. I've had Sawyer at Olive Garden with me before, but we were outside and he was on the other side of the fence so technically he wasn't 'in' the patio.

I take him everywhere I can possibly get away with. Even the liquor store down the street will let him in now.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

HMMM... service dogs dont need to pee or poop when out in public. They are dogs just like any other. Its called TRAINING.

Hondo goes EVERYWHERE with me (with a backback that says "In training"). We go to the mall, movies, stores anywhere and he is TAUGHT how to act. When I stop he is to lay down in front of me out of the way. He does NOT bark and he holds his pee.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever
HMMM... service dogs dont need to pee or poop when out in public. They are dogs just like any other. Its called TRAINING.

Hondo goes EVERYWHERE with me (with a backback that says "In training"). We go to the mall, movies, stores anywhere and he is TAUGHT how to act. When I stop he is to lay down in front of me out of the way. He does NOT bark and he holds his pee.

Good Hondo!!! *gives treat*