Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Thumbs down Innova evo causing gas in my boy

I love the Innova product but I had stopped feeding it awhile ago because I needed to figure out what my ACD was getting gassy from. It was either the food, rawhide or both. I took the rawhide away and started feeding Natural Balance dog food and the gas went away. I eventually wanted to start him on the Evo again and did so this week and he is having gas because of it. I still and never will again give him rawhide because it was causing him problems. He only gets raw meaty bones now Do you think all the protein in the Evo is causing him gas and maybe if I try the regular Innova dry it will be better for him? I am still mixing the Evo with what is left of the Natural balance and doing it slowly but the gas is terrible. What do you think?
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Twin 2.0

It's his system getting used to the richness of the product. After I switched Sawyer from Royal Canin to Innova Adult...OMG the gas would almost kill you. But it does go away, I promise! Buy some nose plugs and good incense in the meantime.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Quigleyfied

Try a good probiotic supplement.

My guess is that the high fat content is causing peoblems - protein is generally well tolerated. Some dogs have issues with potatoes though, so that could be a problem as well.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!