Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I had a boston terrier for about 3 years. My grandparents have her now. Her and my pit didn't get a long very well. Anyway, her name is Dixie. She is a wonderful dog. The only problem I had was the house training. No matter what I did, she would not use the bathroom in front of me. I could take her outside for an hour, and she wouldn't use the bathroom, but as soon as we went inside and I went in another room, she would go! Crazy huh? I guess she just didn't like anyone seeing her do her business. LOL!!! I know you will be happy with your new boston. They are lots of fun.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Puppy Dog

Hi. I think I remember reading a couple of your posts about your Boston Terrier. I really LOVE the breed. I'm so excited to have one of my own now. Even my vet was thrilled when he saw her. He said you used to see them all the time and then not so much for awhile and now it seems they are making a come back. He said they are a wonderful family dog.

Libby is getting better with housetraining. I think I just forgot how much puppies pee and poop!

Thanks for the post. Hope to talk again soon.

Tammy
Old 04-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Active Pup

Default Love Bostons

We have a four year old Boston named Bailey!! (got her at 9 weeks) We adore her. She is a fantastic family dog! We honestly didn't have any problems housebreaking her, but we used crate training to help with that. She is a complete lap dog and has never met a person or animal she hasn't liked. She keeps us smiling all the time. And I agree with your vet, they seem to be making a comeback in popularity, I guess because they are in several commercials now!

Enjoy yours!
Old 04-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Show Dog

Liberty
Old 04-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Puppy Dog

Hi Traskew. I've noticed them in commercials recently too. But that's not why I started wanting one. I was looking at different breeds online. I wanted a fairly small dog who would be good with children and who was playful and affectionate. That's when I came across the Boston! After I found a breeder, I started seeing them on commercials. Kinda like when you buy a certain model car, suddenly you see them everywhere! My mom had to call me the other day to ask me if the dog in the flea commercial was the same breed as Liberty. Yep, sure is

Thanks for sharing about your Boston, hope to talk again soon,

Tammy
Old 04-28-2005, 06:53 AM
BusterLove

yeah, our dogs are
sophie
daisy
buster
but they do also respond to
sofe or sopheta
dais or woozy
buz or buzzy