Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Big Dog

Yes for some rabbits they are even better if you scoop them up and let them bury their head under your arm, or even wrap them in a towel. However both of those methods only work for me with some rabbits, the earlier one I described has been successful for me with every rabbit :P Just be extremely careful about his back, and you should be able to find a way that works for you
Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Happy

Rabbits have INCREDIBLY fragile bone structures, they can break their backs with one good kick if their backs are not supported.

This is true. I had a rabbit, a chocolate Dutch, when I was a kid, and that's how I lost him. I went out to the hutch one morning and he was paralyzed. Nothing had gotten into the hutch, but the vet's guess was that something frightened him in the night, he began tearing around the hutch and broke his back. They are incredibly beautiful little animals, but they are fragile.

My dog adored the rabbit. She'd follow (not chase) the rabbit around with a concerned look on her face. My tomcat, on the other hand, was a prime suspect in the 'who scared the rabbit to death' inquiry.