Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Collie Crazy

What will it cost to get to a pet store? Like 2 dollars for gas money? When you think about it alot of food turns out to be the same price in the long run. I was looking at the Drs. Foster and Smith Formula when thinking about switching and a 35? lbs of dog foors was about 30-33 dollars (without shipping) now and 18lb bag of Beneful cost me 13 dollars at Walmart so 36 lbs would be 26 dollars. You spend 4 more dollars on the food and feed less so it lasts longer. Most people wont spend that much on a bag of food because they see say 42 dollars (18lb bag of Exclusive for me!) and they go WOAH! but it pretty much total to the same

But in a way yea, I understand people who dont have the finances and need to feed Old Roy. Its the heart that counts not the pocket book.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Top Dog

Purina One. (But I knew better from the start--I fed Wellness, then switched to Canidae)
Old 07-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Pedigree. those "dogs rule" comercials are just soo cute!!

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

I'd go with, and used to feed Roxy Eukanuba.

The one commercial with the Search and Rescue dog is why! LOL, They said it's what they feed police dogs, search and rescue dogs etc, and it had a horomone/chemical called DHB that made them smarter

Needless to say I got it because of the supposed chemical that made your dog's brain develop bigger/faster. ROFL

I then switched to Nutro Large Puppy Forumla (had a rottie puppy on the bag, the people at the store said it was perfect for her!), than Wellness, and now Eagle Pack.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy's CD
I'd go with, and used to feed Roxy Eukanuba.

The one commercial with the Search and Rescue dog is why! LOL, They said it's what they feed police dogs, search and rescue dogs etc, and it had a horomone/chemical called DHB that made them smarter

Needless to say I got it because of the supposed chemical that made your dog's brain develop bigger/faster. ROFL

I then switched to Nutro Large Puppy Forumla (had a rottie puppy on the bag, the people at the store said it was perfect for her!), than Wellness, and now Eagle Pack.
Do you mean docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)? It's a long chain polyunsaturated fatty acid that is strongly evidenced to be essential to proper cognitive development, as well as being shown to benefit cardiac function, tumor resistance, motor learning, etc. etc. etc.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

That could very well be it Herschel. I can't fully remember, they had the commercial running a few years back, haven't seen it in a while.

They stated that there were studies done proving it helps in the growth and developement of the dogs brain... So makes them smarter..

Hrmph. I have no idea, but I did get the food! And later found out that Eukanuba is just as bad as purina and Iams.. LOL

If it's true maybe that's why Roxy's so smart and Hades isn't... ROFL
Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
:( only one :(

I'd probably be feeding them the same thing I did when I didn't know any better which was Eukanuba. Thank goodness for sites like these.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:28 PM
and Fozzie B!

Casablanca, have you ever seen Mordy's Dog Food Project cost comparison chart? It makes it obvious that feeding a premium food is *cheapest* in the long-run!

I don't feel that is a legitimate excuse. The only excuse is ignorance/lack of education, IMO. I know plenty of people who are NOT wealthy, and they feed their dogs Kirkland or Evo or Eagle Pack, without complaining about it at all. If they research what's going into their dog, they will find that buying foods that are 5% crappy meat protein is like throwing money into a black hole, it takes so much more to keep weight on the dogs and the side affects to their health are devestating, as far as Vet bills, the vast majority of the time.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-24-2006, 08:53 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

I feed EVO, and believe me...WE ARE POOR!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I would feed Iams. I fed Iams before I came onto this site because it looked like it was a good and nutrious dog food. I did feed Iams before so I probably would never have switched to Evo if I hadn't found this site. It's wierd to think about buying that stuff for my dog when I know so much better now.