Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-06-2004, 05:53 AM
Active Pup

Red face Puppy tooth fell off

I know I read this somewhere but just couldnt find it. Do puppies loose their puppy teeth? I'm just quite concerned coz I accidentally pulled the towel away from my pup who was playing tug-of-war with me and noticed a tooth fall off. Its just a small tooth but will it be replaced with an adult tooth? Thanks!
Old 05-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Felurian

Yep, they lose their teeth just like kids!

My first German Shepherd was playing with my little sister when he lost one of his puppy canines. My Mom was horrified to look out and see blood down the arm of my sister's white sweater (she was only 5 years old at the time). Mom just knew that my puppy had bitten my sister and ran out into the back yard to keep her baby from being gruesomely mauled by a rogue puppy. She was puzzled when she couldn't find a mark on the child; then saw the tooth gap and blood on the puppy's mouth. She felt awful for thinking he'd done something wrong and made a HUGE fuss over him and never doubted him again.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Active Pup

Exactly what Renee said...They do lose their teeth just like kids...I used to find my dogs laying all over the house...I stepped on them and everything..Your pup will be fine
Old 05-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Active Pup

Whew....thanks guys! Thats been such a relief since you know how we dog lovers can worry about anything and everything about our pups. Lots of thanks!!!