What breed of dog would u avoid when out for walk!

DanL said:
What is your definition of "macho breed"? I ask because I own an intact German Shepherd, who is obviously better trained than your dog since I can approach children and old people without fear of him knocking them down.
I make a comment about a trend in my region with regards to intact male dogs and male owners, and you directly insult me and my dog in response. How very rude.

DanL said:
What is your definition of white trash? Someone less fortunate than you?
Being belligerent, obnoxious and irrationally aggressive without provocation, as well as suffering from insanely thin skin and having upon one's shoulder a very large chip. Why, DanL, I believe I see a resemblance.

DanL

Nowhere did you mention a trend. You made what appeared to be a blanket statement about males with intact dogs, the category which I fall into if you believe my breed of dog is a "macho" breed.

If my comment about your dog is true, rather than feel insulted, why not spend some time training to fix the jumping problem.

Hmmm, looks like you fit your own definition of white trash.

DanL, you chose to feel insulted by a general, non-specific statement not addressed to you directly, and your first reaction was to get angry and abusive. If that's not white trash behavior, then nothing is. My responding a little testily to your behavior is hardly the same thing, though I do appreciate that it suits your position to pretend that it is.

I'm not insulted by your slur against my dog. I'm a little angered by it, of course, since I wasn't expecting to be slammed in the middle of a civilized discussion of something else entirely, but in order to feel insulted, I'd have to have some respect for your opinion. After a few previous posts, and now this one, I have no regard for your opinion.

DanL

It may not have been addressed to me directly, but I felt that your generalization of macho breeds being walked by men may have included me. I asked you if you thought my breed of dog fell into your criteria (which you still haven't answered). If I did fall into that criteria, then I pointed out that my dog was apparently better behaved than yours by your own admission (avoiding children and old people). All that I did was show that making a generalization of a dog breed and it's owner isn't always right. It's more likely that I would be the person avoiding you since your dog apparently cannot act correctly around other dogs or people. It was your choice to be insulted by me pointing out a few basic facts.

As far as your regard for my opinion, that doesn't matter to me, as your attitude and statements on this forum have historically created far more controversial responses than mine do.

Toller_08

I can't edit my original post so I thought I'd add it here. While I don't necessarily avoid certain breeds, I do not do the sniff and greet thing. I walk past other dogs, but do move over a bit because I personally don't know how their dog is going to react, nor do I know how mine is going to react with different dogs all of the time. That, and I don't know anything about strange dogs. Have they ever seen a vet in their life? Could they pass something along to my dog? Who knows.

bubbatd

Let's keep on track people.... I see shackles up and teeth being bared !!

I try to avoid two labs down the road. Who would think--labs. They come out barring their teeth. On more than one occasion the chocolate lab has attacked me and my dog, bruising my leg. My dog does not seem to get that they want to kill him, he just goes nuts when we walk by, wanting to play. And the owner is in the police department! Once he said, walk your dog on by then I can train my dogs! You've got to be kidding.

Julie

I am back again.
Shannerson said:
I try to avoid two labs down the road. Who would think--labs. They come out barring their teeth. On more than one occasion the chocolate lab has attacked me and my dog, bruising my leg. My dog does not seem to get that they want to kill him, he just goes nuts when we walk by, wanting to play. And the owner is in the police department! Once he said, walk your dog on by then I can train my dogs! You've got to be kidding.
Being in the police department has no bearing on whether you know how to train a dog or not. ;) Unless of course his dogs are narcotic dogs and he is the dogs handler.

It really is hurtful anytime I hear of a dog aggressive lab, they are not suppose to be that way!!

darkchild16

We are Home.
i avoid people who have no control over their dogs and basically i dont have to worry bout anyone here because i dont live in a neighborhood and i know all the dogs in my neighborhood sometimes i even take my neighbors labs in the woods with me and walker while they at work

I don't avoid by breed, but there are several individuals I steer clear of.

1. Brutus, the Rott. He hates King with a passion, and I think King feels the same way after a few run ins. King liked him when he was younger, before he started getting nasty.
2. The little old lady and her JRT. It's known to be a "tough guy", and the woman that owns it is very annoying.
3. Karl, the GSD and his clone son, Klauss, they are so close in appearance it's kind of scary. Klauss is still on the skinny side, but the markings are the same and both of them are agressive towards male dogs.
4. Sandy, the Shar-Pei mix. He's very agressive towards dogs about his size, and King has kind of had it with him. I think those two are now getting to the point that they would really want to go at it, like my last dog and a very large yellow Lab Logan, they wanted to kill each other in their later years, even after both of them were pretty feeble, and Logan had both his hips replaced.
5. Jake, a near clone of King that wants to play, but is so rough that even King gets defensive and wants him to stay away, far away.
6. April, a Greyhound and something mix, she looks like a skinny Lab with odd ears, and hates all male dogs, and stares like she's in a daze, then she starts sneering and drooling. With females, she's great. Molly and her ran into each other at the vets and they played really nice.

Members online

No members online now.