Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevinski
i only ever pick harley up depending on the dogs body language and the owners
I'd feel pretty silly picking up an 85 lb dog when a couple 10lb poodles rush him!
Old 07-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

yes but thts when a 19lb dog comes in handy

Old 07-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Sometimes I wish I could pick my dogs up.. LOL

I was walking them both downtown the other day and a man who owns a storefront has some type of lap dog, I'm horrible, I don't know what breed, but it's yappy and brave.

You can't see the dog when it's tied up and either in the store (they leave the door open) or if it's right by the door. (Hard to explain but the cubby where the door is)

So we're walking along, their both on loose leads, it's hot, their sluggish... than "ARK ARKA RKAKRKAR!!!" The thing came flying out the cubby when we were right beside it at us! It's leash was long enough to reach us, and both of my dogs, on the right side at the time, decided to bolt and run right into me!!!!!! (The store was on my right side as well, so both of my brave courageous dogs, were running *away* from this thing) ROFL, it's funny now but scary and embarassing when it happened. haha
Old 07-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Felurian

If I've only got Bimmer, I just watch and see how the other dog is reacting. He'll generally ignore other dogs unless they are near his size or larger and have bad manners. Small dogs just don't even register on his radar no matter how they act.

If I've got one or both of the grrrrls, I don't worry about it. For some reason, other dogs don't seem to want to try to start things with them - at least not after they've gotten fairly close, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I do avoid a certain breed, not because of the other dog really, but because Lucas' reactions to them (ever since this one Rottie we had a problem with on more than a few occasions) have been not so good. I can get him to ignore Rotties, but meeting them (even if they are obviously nice) is just too iffy.

Other than Rotties I don't go near small dogs, and most dogs really.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

When walking Tango, I avoid any brindle dog. Lol...I'm not kidding, she seriously HATES brindle dogs. I'm not sure why, but she just does. Besides that, I don't avoid certain breeds at all. I avoid certain owners, but not breeds/dogs.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:15 PM
and Fozzie B!

I avoid stupid owners.

If there was ever one "breed" I avoid, it's the 3 Labradoodles in my neighborhood. Everyoneofthem has dumb owners who literally go out of their way to come up to me... without saying a word to me... laughing as their uber-hyper dogs basically walk on their hind legs pulling them around, and expecting Gonzo to greet them happily. He's less than happy at that point, as am I. There is one lady, her black doodle is very cute, but he is probably the most spazzy dog ever - allll over the place - and on a long flexi. I have asked her since the first time I saw them (when the pup was less than 6 months old) to not allow her dog to run up to mine. Every time I've ever seen her she has not respected that at all, she lets the dog drag her over to Gonzo who is nicely heeling, every time. I don't understand why she not only doesn't get my warning, she doesn't get Gonzo's warning either! He definitely avoids the dog when it approaches and has resorted to growling, which of course her dog ignores completely. Like owner like dog, I guess.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

I don't avoid a particular breed either.. but when im walking Malakai i usually avoid passing itty bitty dogs, not that malakai is agressive or anything
But usually the small dog owners scoop the little dogs up and hold them way up in the air when they pass him..he really has no interest in them in the first place, but when he sees "somthing" squirming up in the air like a ball, i wouldnt be a bit surprised if he decided to jump up and see what the hell that crazy person is waving around..and of course that wouldnt be good id rather just avoid that situation completly
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

I avoid people that don't have their dog under control. or dogs that act aggressive toward Sam. Sam was 'attacked' once by a terrier like dog, and a german shepherd puppy. Both where smaller then her too. I don't avoid certain people though, just from their looks.
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera
Old 07-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Top Dog

Chihuahuas, evrey single one ive met is just plain mean and nippy.

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!