Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-24-2006, 11:21 PM
LabBreeder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/nativeamericanindiandog.htm

NAID recognized by it's own club and NKC.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 AM
iheartsammy's Avatar
iheartsammy iheartsammy is offline
ME+DOGS=CRAZY
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,218
Default

i see labbreeder!

btw 4WheelVFR he sounds so cool! I wish you luck with that cat your getting too!
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise.
They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden,
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-25-2006, 01:25 AM
4WheelVFR's Avatar
4WheelVFR 4WheelVFR is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Illinois
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsammy
i see labbreeder!

btw 4WheelVFR he sounds so cool! I wish you luck with that cat your getting too!
Hmmm, well the wife isn't too thrilled about getting a cat, so we probably won't for quite some time. We will be getting another dog in a year or two. Maybe another NAID. I am looking at Tollers, Chinooks, and dobermans.....I think they're all beautiful, but that's in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 AM
iheartsammy's Avatar
iheartsammy iheartsammy is offline
ME+DOGS=CRAZY
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,218
Default

well good luck no matter what you guys do!
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise.
They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.
To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden,
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Shannerson's Avatar
Shannerson Shannerson is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 157
Default

Una is absolutely handsome! There can't be many people around breeding these dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-25-2006, 12:38 PM
4WheelVFR's Avatar
4WheelVFR 4WheelVFR is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Illinois
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannerson
Una is absolutely handsome! There can't be many people around breeding these dogs.
There aren't. We got Una from Dunn's Den. They are just a hobby breeder having one litter per year. Very nice folks, and they definitely love their dogs. They drove a couple hours to meet us so the dogs don't have to be shipped.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-25-2006, 01:34 PM
mozza mozza is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 68
Default

oh i love your dog 4WheelVFR ,i fall in love with the NAID a few yr's back now but sadly could not find a breed in the uk ,they are a rare breed indeed!!!!
but oh so cute

is Una good with kid's ????
__________________

http://www.akitarescue.org.uk.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
AnimalLoverCatRescuer AnimalLoverCatRescuer is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 604
Default

I have heard a lot of controversial things about Majestic View Kennels which is one of the breeders of NAIDs. I was checking over their site and it is making me more and more mad. They sell their dogs for $1200-1500 which doesn't include health checks. Now they started to invent a new breed of SiberCaans, http://www.majesticview1.com/SiberCa...sibercaans.htm

I dont know, they seem very knowledgable but something seems a little fishy about them to me. I heard all sorts of things about them too and I am working of figuring out where I read them from.

What I don't get is it the dog went extinct. You cannot recreate one exactly the same! You would just be breeding mixes that closely resemble them. How can they call them the exact same name? They obviously aren't the same "breed" of dog. I bet the actual NAIDs that lived long ago whenever they did with the Indians, I bet they were just mutts breeding with each other and inbreeding. In other words, nothing really special. They weren't purebreds.

I don't know, just my thoughts on it. I think they are beautiful dogs. I love their wolf like appearance. But someone could probably have a Malamute mix and claim it to be a NAID and no one would know. I just don't get how they can still be called that when they obviously are not the exact same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
4WheelVFR's Avatar
4WheelVFR 4WheelVFR is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Illinois
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalLoverCatRescuer
I have heard a lot of controversial things about Majestic View Kennels which is one of the breeders of NAIDs. I was checking over their site and it is making me more and more mad. They sell their dogs for $1200-1500 which doesn't include health checks. Now they started to invent a new breed of SiberCaans, http://www.majesticview1.com/SiberCa...sibercaans.htm

I dont know, they seem very knowledgable but something seems a little fishy about them to me. I heard all sorts of things about them too and I am working of figuring out where I read them from.

What I don't get is it the dog went extinct. You cannot recreate one exactly the same! You would just be breeding mixes that closely resemble them. How can they call them the exact same name? They obviously aren't the same "breed" of dog. I bet the actual NAIDs that lived long ago whenever they did with the Indians, I bet they were just mutts breeding with each other and inbreeding. In other words, nothing really special. They weren't purebreds.

I don't know, just my thoughts on it. I think they are beautiful dogs. I love their wolf like appearance. But someone could probably have a Malamute mix and claim it to be a NAID and no one would know. I just don't get how they can still be called that when they obviously are not the exact same thing.
I defintely won't disagree with this post. Thats the only thing that bothered me about the whole NAID thing. I didn't find out a lot of this until money had changed hands, but I am glad I went through with it. I did understand that it was a recreation of a breed though. And to the previous poster, yes, Una is wonderful with kids. A little shy, but we tell kids to not jump all over him. Once he warms up to them and isn't afraid, they can wrestle him and just about ride him like a horse, and he loves it. He's not allowed to put his mouth on them, and he abides by this rule flawlessly. He can get a little rough with me though.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 PM
4WheelVFR's Avatar
4WheelVFR 4WheelVFR is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Illinois
Posts: 98
Default

By the way, we didn't get Una from Majestic View, but since they're the founding breeder, than I guess that's where they all come from ultimately.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site