Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Active Pup

Flying W- gave me an automated response which answered half my questions. Also, i didn't like how they want me to purchase the dog.

gonna call the rescue, anyone know of any other breeders preferably in Florida? I can't seem to find any. Google always comes up with Neopolitan and Bull Mastiffs.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Active Pup

Thumbs up I have a Flying W American Mastiff

He's wonderful! I got him in December. He's now 6.5 months old and 80+ lbs. He's very sweet and has a terrific personality. He's been through 2 obedience classes so far and has done well. He's healthy but has had irritated eyes lately (bloodshot) so the vet gave him some drops. I live in central Ohio so I was able to visit the Flying W farm to check it out before buying the puppy. It's a nice farm and the dogs seem well cared for and loved. According to their web site, many people end up going back for a second pup.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Island dweller

Here's the association in your area. http://clubs.akc.org/aba/ they might be able to help you find good breeders as well as possible rescues.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Active Pup

Default American Mastiff is a CKC breed

American Mastiff is a CKC breed (http://www.ckcusa.com/), not AKC. It's a mix of English Mastiff and Anatolian Shepherd to produce a dog that looks like an English Mastiff but doesn't drool. If you're like me and don't like abundant drool, this dog's for you.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Love my pets

Wow, I never knew that about the American Mastiff. Max is my Anatolian Shepherd who I just love. I can actually see a bit of him in your pup. What a great mix with the English Mastiff especially since it stops the drooling.

What a big boy you have. What's his name? Do you have any pics you could share; I'd love to see some.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Active Pup

I absolutely love my American. I picked it up at Flying W on 4/8/05 and Emma is around 45 lbs and 13 weeks now. When we went to get her she was 16 lbs so she is growing pretty fast. She is in obedience training right now with other pups and towers over them. If anyone knows of a vet that specializes in large breed in Rhode Island I would appreciate the name.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Felurian

Mike, we want to see lots of photos! Gotta love our big grrrrls - I've got two Fila Brasileiro grrrrls, Shiva and Kharma.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Puppy Dog

i love english mastiffs but have never gotten one due to the amount of drool they do. i have two anatolian shepherds one i got from a breeder in florida and one i am fostering for the NASRN. i absolutely adore the anatolian. it is a very unique breed. i am interested to hear more about the mastiff / anatolian mix . i had emailed flying w a while back inquiring about why they mixed the two breeds. i have never gotten a response so i am curious to hear your experiences with your new pup. congrats !!!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
user not active

Interesting, id love to hear your experiences from raising this pup in Florida, due to hot and humid weather.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Active Pup

Smile Am. Mastiff

I posted a new avatar pic of my boy Maximus, 7.5 month old American Mastiff from Flying W. He was 100 lbs 2 wks ago and gaining about 20 lbs every 6 wks. He's a big sweet boy.

Mikejkd, would love to see pics of Emma!